Barking Mad - Pet Care Franchise
Run your own successful dog home boarding business organising 'dog holidays' in select host family homes.Watch Video
- Franchise Fee:
- £14,995 + VAT
- Total Investment:
- £14,995 + VAT
- Request Free Information
Other Areas Available
Key locations still available throughout the UK.
Live the dog lover’s dream and be your own boss, running a multi award-winning pet care franchise, starting from just £10,000+VAT*
A lifestyle with flexibility, a growing full-time income and the rewards of making a really positive difference to the lives of pet lovers and their four-legged best friends – what’s not to like?
Why not escape the ordinary, leave the 9-5 office grind behind and become your own boss with Barking Mad? Sharing our pet care sector knowhow, systems and brand name has enabled our large network to start or grow their own successful businesses via the franchise route. Our 70+ franchise owners love what they do and reap the benefits of a successful, flexible, family-friendly career.
Who are Barking Mad?
As a multi award-winning pet care pioneer, Barking Mad is widely recognised across the sector and the franchise industry, delighting thousands of happy customers every year. Established in 2000, we are proud to provide the UK’s most trusted pet sitting service, rated no.1 by Trustpilot.
We offer bespoke pet holidays, provided through a franchise network of dedicated, local professionals. Franchisees recruit a community of carefully chosen, pet-loving host families who care for pets whilst their owners are away.
Join Our Pack
Would you jump at the chance to ditch your current routine and enjoy spending every day in the company of adorable dogs and fellow dog lovers? John and Elaine Warburton, recent winners of the British Franchise Association Lifestyle Award, describe buying a Barking Mad franchise as, ‘the best decision we have ever made’.
Self-confessed, ex ‘wage slave commuter’ John explains:
“As animal lovers, the concept of home-from-home dog boarding held huge appeal. The Barking Mad franchise system’s tried, tested and proven operating procedures were a major factor in our decision, along with the training, support and potential for growth to an impressive six figure turnover.”
Barking Mad is expanding across the UK and needs new, motivated business owners to meet demand. Could this be you?
Comprehensive Business and Customer Support
Starting out on your own can be really tough and new entrants to the market need to stay ahead of the competition. According to a recent report in ‘The Times’, 20% of sole traders fail within a year and 60% fail within five years. Launching a franchise with a prominent brand name, with the added support of a dedicated HQ team, means that your new venture has the best possible start.
Barking Mad’s team of experts are specialists in all areas of the business, so you don’t have to be! From sales and accounts advice, to social media and online marketing support, help is on hand. Franchisees are guided every step of the way with one to one business planning and expert training guides.
As part of Franchise Brands plc since 2016, our franchisees also benefit from the knowledge of a group of market-leading franchise businesses who share the same support services, with huge commitment to investment and innovation.
Loyal Repeat Business and Referrals in a Massive Growth Industry
When you buy a Barking Mad franchise, you will benefit from our brand’s loyal repeat business and referrals in a massive growth industry. Our customers love our service, as demonstrated by our independent 5* Trustpilot reviews.
Tapping into potential in the pet market requires knowledge of a complex sector, but with a Barking Mad franchise, our proven and successful business model will give you all the tools you need to achieve your entrepreneurial, pet care dreams.
Top Dog Brand Leader as Seen On TV
A strong British brand and extensive expert resources mean we have a tried and tested recipe for your success. Barking Mad has a strong brand presence both online and offline, as well as being featured by the national media including the BBC, ITN, Daily Mail, Metro, Evening Standard and many more.
If you’re a pet lover, with ambition and a dedication to first class customer service, then Barking Mad could be perfect for you. Our franchise owners create profitable and successful businesses with the support and expertise of our leading national brand. They enjoy an enviable work-life balance whilst indulging their passion for pets.
Join a business community who love pets as much as you do. Territories are strictly exclusive and available on a first come first served basis, so why not get in touch today? We’d love to chat to you about taking the first steps to becoming a dog care entrepreneur.
*The franchise is £14,995+VAT, but with our attractive PAYG option, we can get you started with as little as £10,000 to set up. Our PAYG option means you can pay a smaller amount upfront and spread the cost over the term of your agreement. Barking Mad also has a great relationship with high street banks and there is also the option of a Government start up loans scheme, subject to acceptance.
- Barking Mad Dog Care: The UK’s Top Rated Pet Care Franchise Four Years Running
- 08 December 2021
- Barking Mad Dog Care: The UK’s Top Rated Pet Care Franchise Four Years Running Barking Mad Dog Care has been ranked as the top pet sector franchise in the 2022 Elite Franchise Top 100, as well as ranking as number 49 overall in the UK. Barking Mad has been recognised as one of the top 100 ...
- Barking Mad Dog Care Reveals Revamped Website
- 27 May 2021
- Barking Mad Dog Care is proud to announce the launch of their new website, www.barkingmad.uk.com. The newly designed site features a clean and responsive modern design, enhanced functionality, alongside easy access to essential information around dog care services. The redesign includes ...
- Pet care industry empowering females across the UK
- 08 March 2021
- Ambitious women looking for new employment opportunities are being encouraged to consider ‘empowering’ pet care franchising, after market research found roles in the sector lead to a greater quality of life. In a survey conducted by Barking Mad, part of the Franchise Brands Group, females ...
- Barking Mad: The UK’s Top Rated Pet Care Franchise Three Years Running
- 09 December 2020
- Barking Mad Dog Care has been ranked as the top pet sector franchise in Elite Franchise’s top 100, as well as ranking as number 38 overall in the UK. Barking Mad has been recognised as one of the top 100 franchisors and ranked the top pet care franchise for three years in a row. The Elite ...
- Practising Mindfulness for Dogs is Pawfect for Pet Parents
- 03 March 2020
- The benefits of practising mindfulness have been well documented for humans but today’s pet parents believe that it could also have a positive effect on their pooches. With the 2020 Petcare Innovation Summit advocating that, ‘the humanisation trend and changing consumer behaviours’ are, ...
- Barking Mad Franchise celebrates 20 years of overcoming doglessness and social isolation
- 06 January 2020
- The Barking Mad Dog Care franchise, founded in 2000 to provide home from home dog care instead of kennelling, is celebrating 20 years of enabling people to experience health and well-being benefits by offering an alternative to dog ownership. Jennifer Davies, from Colchester, has been a ...
- Barking Mad Ranked Top Pet Sector Franchise as Elite Franchise announces Top 100 Winners
- 16 December 2019
- Barking Mad Dog Care has been ranked as the top pet sector franchise in Elite Franchise’s top 100 league table, as well as ranking as number 34 overall in the UK! The Elite Franchise Top 100 celebrates superlative businesses which are deserving of recognition, with an expert judging panel ...
- Assistance Dog Named after Prince Harry Transforms Life of Namesake, aged 6
- 04 December 2019
- Newly qualified assistance dog Prince, sponsored and named by Barking Mad Dog Care, has been officially matched by inspirational charity Dogs for Good to a six-year-old boy with autism, who in a twist of fate is called Harry. Prince was born on 16th February 2018, with his name chosen in ...
- Barking Mad Dog Care goes International with 1st Irish Franchise
- 03 October 2019
- Changing the face of dog care in Ireland, Barking Mad’s first international franchise has launched in the Galway and Limerick area, proving there is clear demand for the leading dog sitting franchise’s premium alternative to kennels. On deciding to launch the first Irish Barking Mad ...
- Barking Mad Husband and Wife Team Declared Top Dogs at Major Franchising Awards
- 28 June 2019
- John and Elaine Warburton, Barking Mad franchise business owners from Fife, were announced as “Franchisee of the Year” winners of the Lifestyle category at last night’s glittering bfa HSBC Franchise Awards ceremony. The highly coveted awards are the franchising industry’s most important form of ...
- Barking Mad announces the appointment of Richard Dancy and Rachel Stewart as new joint Managing Directors
- 20 May 2019
- Founding entrepreneur Lee Dancy makes way for a new Barking Mad breed. Barking Mad, the UK’s most trusted dog sitting service, has announced the appointment of two new joint Managing Directors to take over the reins from founder, Lee Dancy. Richard Dancy, (Lee’s husband) who ...
- Prince Harry Namesake Marries Meghan in Barking Mad Wedding
- 17 May 2018
- A gentle giant Newfoundland dog, officially named after Prince Harry by his royalist owners, has married his very own Meghan in a special doggy wedding ceremony, after a search by leading UK dog sitting network, Barking Mad Dog Care. The wedding ceremony took place in Leslie, Fife, with a ...
- Puppy Prince to Give the Gift of Independence
- 10 May 2018
- Meet Prince, the yellow Labrador puppy who is going to be a life changer! Dog sitters, Barking Mad Dog Care are delighted to announce that after a successful fundraising campaign, their UK dog holiday network has sponsored a Dogs for Good puppy in training. The money raised through ...
- Barking Mad Dog Sitting Professionals Celebrate 15th Annual Conference
- 27 April 2018
- Barking Mad Dog Care named their 2018 Franchisee of the Year at their 15th National Conference last weekend. The franchised service, which provides bespoke holidays for dogs whilst their owners are away, celebrated at the Low Wood Bay Resort in the Lake District focusing on the people who make ...
- 2018 BFA HSBC Franchisor Finalists Have Been Revealed!
- 05 March 2018
- Barking Mad, the UK’s leading pet care franchise, (part of the Franchise Brands plc group) is in esteemed company having been short-listed for the British Franchise Association’s prestigious HSBC Franchisor of the Year awards, in the brand awareness category, alongside Riverford Organic Farmers and ...
- Pet Industry Awards Recognition for Barking Mad Melissa
- 27 November 2017
- Barking Mad Dog Care’s Franchisee of the Year, Melissa Sincock, has been shortlisted as a finalist in the pet services’ category of the Pet Industry Federation‘s Pet Industry Awards! Melissa’s 5* dog sitting business, Barking Mad Middlesex, offers dog holidays with excellence in customer ...
- Barking Mad Dog Care Win ‘Dog Friendly’ Best Dog Sitters Award
- 14 November 2017
- Everyone at Barking Mad Dog Care is celebrating this week after being awarded the title of 'Best Sitter' by public vote, in the Dog Friendly Awards 2017! The Dog friendly Awards, held in association with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, are described as: "The public's opportunity to recognise and ...
- Barking Mad hit top dog spot with 3000+ reviews
- 28 September 2017
- Barking Mad Dog Care the leading UK pet care franchise brand based in Cumbria, are celebrating after becoming ranked top of hundreds of pet companies nationwide having received over 3000 fantastic customer reviews in the last 12 months. The testimonials are verified by Trustpilot, one of ...
- It’s a Dog’s Life for Our New Barking Mad Business Owners
- 10 August 2017
- At Barking Mad, we love working with our franchise network of amazing local business owners! Our dog sitting entrepreneurs come from a wide range of professional backgrounds but share an all consuming love of dogs. Their working days are spent bringing happy holidays to dogs and dog ...
- Dog Sitting Industry TV First for Barking Mad
- 10 August 2017
- Barking Mad launch #celebritydogHobbes TV advert. Television fame has been announced by Barking Mad, the UK’s leading dog sitting company, in a dog care industry first! Throughout the country, dog loving followers of the canine holiday specialists have been intrigued by the appearance of ...
- Barking Mad Recognises and Supports Dog Sitting Achievement
- 10 August 2017
- At Barking Mad Dog Care we believe in supporting and encouraging our local franchise business owners every step of the way. Our annual conference, held at the stunningly located Lakeside Hotel, on the shores of Lake Windermere, gives us the opportunity to come together, recognising and ...
- Barking Mad Dog Care achieve ISO 9001 certification
- 11 July 2017
- Quality Recognition for UK’s Leading Dog Sitters Barking Mad Dog Care has achieved ISO 9001 certification, in a first for the dog sitting industry! This is a huge achievement which demonstrates the effectiveness of our quality management system and our capability of satisfying the rigors ...
- Barking Mad announce Franchisee of the Year 2013
- 24 April 2013
- Chris & Alex Cowe, Barking Mad Perthshire and Clackmannanshire We have named the Barking Mad 2013 Franchisee of the Year at our 10th annual national conference as Chris and Alex Cowe from Kinross Managing Director Lee Dancy, who founded our company in 2000, said: ‘We were ...
- Barking Mad Pet Care Professionals Celebrate 10th Successful Annual Conference.
- 24 April 2013
- Managing Director Lee Dancy (front left) celebrated last weekend with the help of her family, national network and support team based at their head office in Barbon, Cumbria. Barking Mad Pet Care Professionals who own the franchise system that provides dogs and their owners with an ...
- Barking Mad British Franchise Association Award 2013 Finalists
- 24 April 2013
- BARKING MAD REVEALED AS FINALISTS FOR PRESTIGIOUS FRANCHISING AWARDS The British Franchise Association (bfa) has announced the finalists for the 2013 bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards, supported by Express Newspapers. The Awards, now in their 24th year, showcase the UK ’s most ...
- FREE Night's Stay with Barking Mad Dog Holidays
- 24 April 2013
- We know everyone needs to get away every now and then, so we thought it was about time dogs had a holiday too! The UK’s leading ‘home from home’ pet care service offer a unique alternative to house sitting and kennels. The concept is centred on accommodating dogs in a caring environment ...
- Hobbes Barking Mad TV Advert Host Version
- Love Dogs? Why not host for the UK's favourite dog sitting company Barking Mad? Watch gorgeous cockerpoo Hobbes have a wonderful dog holiday with his loving dog care host in the Barking Mad TV advert.
- British Franchise Association Lifestyle Winners
- Listen to our award winning franchisees, John and Elaine Warburton, talk about their Barking Mad journey and the benefits of running your own dog sitting franchise. They really are living the dog lover's dream!