48 Main Street, Cambuslang, G72 7EP
• Long established fish & chip shop. Same owners since 1994
• Prominent town centre trading position within busy retail parade
• Surrounding operators include Wetherspoons, Costa, Dominos, Boots & Subway
• Within busy residential area & commercial area
• Currently trading limited hours due to semi-retirement
• Strong historic levels of turnover and profits
• Huge growth potential for a new owner operator
The Night Star has been owned and operated by our clients since 1994, although has been trading for even longer, and is therefore long established and something of a local institution.
The business trades as a traditional fish & chip shop, selling all the products you would expect such as fish/chicken/sausage/pudding/haggis suppers etc as well as freshly cooked pizzas and kebabs. They also sell soft scoop Crolla’s ice cream and a selection of soft drinks.
The business enjoys a great reputation for its food, with strong online reviews, and has a loyal and regular customer base derived from local residents as well as from the surrounding towns. The business also benefits from the many nearby businesses and offices, as well as from the high levels of passing traffic.
The current owners are selling as they look to fully retire, and in the last couple of years have been semi-retired, running the business very much to suit themselves, closing on a Monday/Tuesday and only opening 4pm-10pm the other 5 days.
There is huge potential for a new owner operator to increase the hours back to normal levels, opening 7 days, lunchtimes, as well as evenings which they have never done, to take advantage of the surrounding pubs and late-night trade. Our clients have also never used any of the online delivery platforms, so this is another huge area of growth potential.