Walfinch - Care Franchise
We are seeking to expand our presence in the marketplace through a network of strong, passionate, and committed franchisees.
- Request Free Information
- Franchise Fee:
- £25,000 + VAT
- Total Investment:
- Minimum Investment:
Do you want to own a thriving home care agency which means you can make a genuine difference in your community while potentially generating
With Walfinch, you can.
As a Walfinch franchisee you can
- Achieve business independence
- Lead from the front and take control
- Build an asset for yourself: 60% of Walfinch franchisees reach £290,000 turnover in year one
- Have a rewarding, positive impact on pastoral care in your community
- Build local jobs
- Leave behind the commute and pointless office politics.
What do we do?
We help people lead their lives as independently as possible, in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. Our franchisees have the satisfaction of managing a team of caregivers to provide personalised live-in and visiting-hourly care.
Walfinch’s care services, delivered by franchisees nationwide, include companion care, live in care, elder care, dementia care and respite care, plus care to people living with a learning disability, physical disabilities, stroke rehabilitation, injury, and convalescent care. You’ll have a wide range of business streams, and the power to improve the quality of life for so many people!
A growing market: Almost 12m people in the UK are aged 65 and over, 5.5m are 75+ and 1.6m are 85+. All these figures are growing and will continue to do so. The ageing population means the demand for care services exponentially surpasses supply, so the size of the care market is growing. But the care market is not limited to older people. Walfinch also offers care for people with specialist care needs, so there are a variety of business streams.
Ongoing support is provided before and after your business is set up. As a Walfinch franchisee, you’ll become part of a community of like-minded business people, with the ability to network, compare notes, share ideas and experiences, and stay motivated.
Six out of ten Walfinch franchises achieve turnover of £290,000 after year one, and rates in year two typically beat predictions. We believe that the right franchisees can achieve turnover of £575,000 by year three. On top of the financial rewards, the personal reward from supporting your own community is beyond price.
Minimum Investment - £35,000
Franchise Fee - £25,000 + VAT
Total Investment - £90,000
Expected revenue after:
- Year 1 - £290,000
- Year 2 - £410,000
- Year 3 - £575,000
- Year 4 - £749,000
- Year 5 - £995,000
There will be additional capital requirements on top of the initial franchise fee. You will need access to a further £55,000 in working capital.
Funding Support - Up to 70% of the initial investment can be provided through a bank loan. Government-backed funding may also be available. We can guide you on how and where to source finance to invest in your franchise
What kind of training and support do you receive with a Walfinch franchise?
A comprehensive package of training and support, along with business advice, is provided to all Walfinch franchisees.
Initial franchisee training
- 10-day initial formal training program
- Help with CQC registration
- Operations manual
- 90 day business launch plan
- Marketing and business development training
- Software training
- Assistance with office set-up
- Weekly support meetings
- 500 business cards.
Ongoing training and support
- 45 hours of ongoing training and support annually
- Recruitment workshops (monthly) to help you recruit and retain the very best caregivers
- Business development workshops (monthly) to help you grow your business
- Compliance coaching to ensure you meet – and exceed – the highest regulatory standards
- Business coaching
- Periodic CQC-style inspections led by the franchisor, to prepare you for the all-important official CQC inspections
- Live business plan that links to your accounts
- Fortnightly 1-2-1 business coaching sessions
- Monthly ‘Business MOT’
- Quarterly skills development workshops
- Networking with fellow franchisees
- Use of the Walfinch brand
- Dedicated webpage on the main website
- Social media support
- 250 promotional leaflets
- Advertising materials
- Assistance building 100 key contacts
- Lists of and introductions to referral providers
Exclusive territory licence
- Your territory will cover a minimum of 250,000 people
- 40,000 people aged 65+
Advanced back-end systems that facilitate:
- Business development
- Financial management
- Compliance and procurement
- Recruitment and training
How long will it take to launch from the time I sign the franchise agreement?
- Normally 3 – 4 months depending on things like CQC registration, finding an office and recruiting carers.
Will you help me with a business plan for the new business?
- Yes. Business planning - a dedicated business plan that will outline start-up costs, cash flow and profit-and-loss projections. It will allow you to adjust key figures to ensure that it is ideally suited to your territory.
What is my expected financial breakeven and how long should it take me to reach it?
- The time to reach breakeven is governed by the time it takes to find carers and clients of your business, but our experience is that normally it takes anything from 12-18 months to achieve profitability.
Do I need any healthcare training or background to join Walfinch?
No, but you will need a background in business and an understanding of how a business operates. We look for franchisees who are:
- Driven by a desire to deliver the highest-quality levels of care
- Enthusiastic to grow professionally and personally,
- Keen to build a successful care business that benefits your community
- Build a valuable asset for themselves.
Will you help me find clients?
- Yes, we train you to find your first 100 local contacts in your territory and train you on the business development system so you are equipped to find and retain key local contacts, who will keep referring clients to you.
How will I know what to charge clients?
- We help you with a territory review, so you understand pricing in the territory. Completing a local business plan will clarify what the level of charges should be, to pay carers well and make a fair profit.
Are locations available? Could you help me choose a location?
- We have territories available across the United Kingdom with strong demand for hourly visiting and live-in home care. It is possible to own and run more than one franchise with us.
- Walfinch CEO to Discuss Challenges and Opportunities Facing Homecare Sector at Social Care Conference
- 15 June 2022
- Amrit Dhaliwal, chief executive officer of homecare franchise network Walfinch, is confirmed as a speaker at this year’s LaingBuisson Social Care Conference – the industry’s leading event – where he will be joining a panel to discuss the current issues impacting today’s UK’s homecare sector. ...
- Jubilee Surprises for Walfinch Homecare Clients and Carers
- 09 June 2022
- It was sweet surprises for clients of Walfinch homecare clients – and for their carers over the Jubilee weekend. Kam Gill, Walfinch Oxford owner and care co-ordinator Sarah Stanbrook were out and about surprising members of their care team with Jubilee cakes, just before they went into ...
- Walfinch Delivers Care that Suits Clients to a Tee
- 27 May 2022
- Walfinch Delivers Care that Suits Clients to a Tee 23 May 2022: Kam Gill and her Walfinch care team believe in going the extra mile – even if it’s on a golf course. Kam, Managing Director of the Walfinch care service franchise in Oxford, and her care supervisor Danielle Young, ...
- Walfinch CEO discusses ‘Retention versus Recruitment’ at The Residential & Home Care Show
- 19 May 2022
- Walfinch CEO discusses ‘Retention versus Recruitment’ at The Residential & Home Care Show 18/19 May 2022, London ExCeL 16 May 2022: Amrit Dhaliwal, CEO of Walfinch, the national homecare brand, has been confirmed as a speaker at The Residential & Home Care Show, ...
- Home Care Franchisees Play a Big Part in Improving Mental Health
- 19 May 2022
- Home Care Franchisees Play a Big Part in Improving Mental Health 11 May 2022: “Home care can play a big part in tackling mental health issues,” says Amrit Dhaliwal, chief executive of Walfinch, the home care provider with over 25 franchised UK offices. This year’s Mental Health ...
- New Walfinch Franchisees Commit to Outstanding Care Right from the Start
- 27 April 2022
- New Walfinch Franchisees Commit to Outstanding Care Right from the Start 19 April 2022: When friends Laura Piniero and Angela Harding saw what they considered to be poor care, they knew they could deliver much higher quality care than that. Recently they became the Walfinch franchisees ...
- Walfinch Invites New Franchisees to Take the Mum Test
- 21 March 2022
- Growing homecare franchise is looking for people who can 21 March 2022: Walfinch, the growing homecare franchise, is looking for more franchisees who can pass the Mum Test. Walfinch Chief Executive Amrit Dhaliwal explains: “When recruiting franchisees, we ask ourselves: ‘Would I ...