Tutor Doctor - Tutoring Franchise
Tutor Doctor Franchise owners operate this highly profitable, white collar, home-based business by utilising a network of tutors.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Franchise Fee:
- Minimum Investment:
Opportunities are available throughout the UK.
Experience The Education Boom With Tutor Doctor
Since March 2020, the pandemic has forced students across the globe into long-distance learning. Kids were being taught by their working parents and having to attend classes via zoom. The disruptive impact was – and still is, for many – enormous.
Despite tremendous efforts, the effects of this will be felt for years to come, both academically and economically. According to the Sutton Trust, we may see a net loss of £1.5 billion for one year group alone in England due to school closures.
Another result of this, however, is that the global private tutoring market is projected to hit $200 billion by 2026, which is where Tutor Doctor comes in.
So, what sets Tutor Doctor apart?
- Personalised service: We take the time to match tutors to their students. We also adopt a creative approach in our tuition that is tailored to each child.
- Local: Tutor Doctor franchisees build partnerships. We take pride in positively impacting local communities by supporting their schools.
- More than tutoring: We don’t just turn up to help kids with homework. Our approach is proactive and touches on all areas of private tuition. The students themselves benefit from our X-Skills Programme, giving them vital life skills. Their parents are regularly updated on the child’s progress. And before any of that happens, our recruitment process has been designed & refined to find only the best tutors.
Tutor Doctor is also an active Corporate Member of The Tutors’ Association, working closely to further the UK’s tutoring profession and standards.
If our claims are bold, it’s because we have 3,000+ reviews that have given us a Google score of 4.9 / 5. We are also proud that two of the 29 National Tutoring Programme (NTP) approved tuition partners in this country are Tutor Doctor franchisees!
“Tutor Doctor has given me the opportunity that I was looking for. I love being able to see children and young people achieve their full potential in every way – whether it be academic or personal. Seeing results, making families happy is very rewarding to me. But not only that, it has enabled me to spend more time with my own family. I regularly take my children to and from school, so it's had an overwhelmingly positive impact on my family life too.”
- Amrit Rahi-Deogun, Tutor Doctor Greenwich
Training & Support
Your long-term success is what matters, for which we have brought together unparalleled training, tools and support. We have a proven system and business model for franchisees, including our intensive training programme:
- 80 hours of online pre-training
- Seven days of intensive training
- A one-year launch support programme
- Two site visits from your Tutor Doctor Launch Support Specialist
- Weekly global franchisee calls
- Annual conferences
- Field coach
- Regional meetings
- Ongoing training & support
- Individual coaching
- Proprietary software
The Financial Info
The starting fee for a Tutor Doctor franchisee is only £33,000, which gives you:
- Tutor Doctor’s proprietary business technology
- Robust coaching structure
- Ongoing support and development
- Our proven process for tutor recruitment
- Our tutor onboarding process
- A localised marketing strategy
- A robust system for Learning & Development
- Support from our partner PR agency
There is an 8% royalty fee on gross sales and a 2% national marketing & branding fee. Your overheads will remain low as you work from home, meaning no premises, equipment, leases or inventory.
Tutor Doctor always assists in generating leads and connecting you to our lead generation partners who help get your business up and running.
Expected ROI after two years vary, but our priority is always to give you the support required to make your franchise profitable and successful. Moreover, research has demonstrated that franchisees who follow our proven model consistently have enjoyed high and early returns, as well as compounding recurring revenues.
The great thing about being in a franchise like Tutor Doctor is that, like our current franchise owners who represent 730+ units in 16 countries, you get career freedom without the enormous weight of starting out on your own.
“The values of Tutor Doctor completely align with those of my own. The advantages and the opportunity to succeed are significant. There is such a positive market for home tutoring in the UK, so I created a long-term plan to expand across London. Within two years, my team had grown the business from three territories to covering nine areas of Central and South West [sic] London. I'm proud of how far we have come, and I'm determined to take it even further - with Tutor Doctor's expertise, I know that is possible!”
- David Boddy, Tutor Doctor Central S Southwest London
Join our award-winning franchise today!
We're the #1 education franchise in the UK. Featured in Elite Franchise Top 100 every year since its inception. Highly Commended by the Best Children’s Services & Education Franchise at the 2021 Global Franchise Awards
If you’re passionate about the impact that tutoring can bring to students and serving your local community, Tutor Doctor is the franchise for you!
We believe that this is a significant moment in the next generation’s education that is to be seized today. Tutor Doctor is all about being a catalyst for change… and you can be part of it!
- Embracing education with open arms
- 08 December 2021
- Embracing education with open arms From a young age, Ash Obhrai had been surrounded by educators. With his father as a GCSE Maths examiner, mother as an A-Level Art & Design teacher and aunt as a successful primary school teacher, it was only a matter of time before he too would ...
- Tutor Doctor continues expansion across the British Isles and affirms need for supplementary learning
- 02 December 2021
- Tutor Doctor continues expansion across the British Isles and affirms need for supplementary learning While the pandemic has been a turbulent time for many, others have noticed the opportunities that it has presented them with. And these opportunities have certainly been fruitful in the ...
- Tutor Doctor are Supporting Schools with Catch Up Tuition
- 29 November 2021
- What is the National Tutoring Programme? The National Tutoring Programme (NTP) is a government-funded programme that provides schools access to high-quality tutoring, at a heavily subsidised rate, to support students whose education has been affected by school closures from the ...
- The Start of a New Life
- 08 September 2021
- The Start of a New Life Stephen Woolley is something of a sales veteran – having enjoyed a very successful career spanning three decades. However, he eventually began to tire of the role and the nagging desire to be his own boss became increasingly insistent. This drive for autonomy, ...
- Tutor Doctor welcomes two new offices post-lockdown
- 02 October 2020
- With education being thrust further into the limelight since the return to school, the demand for extra-curricular support has witnessed a substantial increase. Two new franchising couples were welcomed into the Tutor Doctor UK network after spotting the opportunity to build a profitable business, ...
- Tutor Doctor prepare for surge in online tutoring
- 16 April 2020
- Tutor Doctor prepare for surge in online tutoring One-to-one tutoring programme offers e-learning capabilities as families prepare for coronavirus. As the government continues preparations to delay the spread of Coronavirus, concerns have quickly been turning ...
- Margaret Thatcher’s ex-press secretary becomes Tutor Doctor franchisee
- 01 July 2019
- Given the quality and quantity of franchisees Tutor Doctor announced, it’s hardly surprising Britain’s private tuition market is one of the best in the world. If you’re hoping for Britain to shine post-Brexit, look no further than its $2bn a year private tutoring market topping the EU ...
- Tutor Doctor’s CEO reveals why helping kids is so important to him
- 01 July 2019
- Frank Milner is on a mission to change students’ lives. And following the study struggles he faced after his father’s death, you can bet it’s personal Despite having already drained a bin’s worth of coffee cups, Frank Milner has poured a fresh one by the time he sits down to speak with ...
- This mother-son duo are changing children's lives after becoming Tutor Doctor franchisees
- 28 June 2019
- Having started her journey growing Tutor Doctor’s UK franchise network a decade ago, Ann Mary Wardman has now become a franchisee of the brand with her son Deaglan Furey When Ann Mary Wardman became in charge of tutoring franchise Tutor Doctor’s UK regional and national franchise growth a ...
- Get to know Tutor Doctor over canapés and Cocktails!
- 22 January 2019
- Having recently been named as the UK’s number one education franchise, demand for the Tutor Doctor opportunity has never been higher. And with good reason! 2018 proved to be one of the brand’s most successful in the UK to date. The now 70-strong network celebrated achievements which ...
- Tutor Doctor crowned most innovative franchisor in the UK
- 06 July 2018
- Tutor Doctor are celebrating after taking home the prestigious ‘Award for Innovation’ at this year’s HSBC bfa Franchise Awards. The Innovation Award recognises franchisors who demonstrate an ongoing commitment and investment in research and development. Purpose-built from the ground-up, ...
- Tutor Doctor welcomes six new franchisees
- 14 May 2018
- In the last two months, six ambitious entrepreneurs have launched their Tutor Doctor franchises across the UK. Chin Hui, Rachael Tan, Matt Fowler, Sally Lingard, Adebusola Oladimeji and Akudo Elaine Ike will be serving families from Bromley to Bristol. Their aim is to empower students to achieve ...
- Tutor Doctor’s revolutionary online learning platform
- 28 March 2018
- Just months after unveiling its striking new global branding, Tutor Doctor is making headlines again as its new online learning platform has been shortlisted in the 2018 bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year Awards. Tutor Doctor is already recognised as the leading person-to-person, in-the-home ...
- Tutor Doctor unveils striking new global brand
- 21 March 2018
- The start of 2018 saw world-leading in-home tutoring franchise, Tutor Doctor, unveil its exciting new look. A striking change, the company’s new branding is sure to turn heads with its bold colour palette, clever imagery and thought-provoking messaging. Something which Tim Morris, Director of ...
- Embracing education with open arms
- 04 June 2021
- From a young age, Ash Obhrai had been surrounded by educators. With his father as a GCSE Maths examiner, mother as an A-Level Art & Design teacher and aunt as a successful primary school teacher, it was only a matter of time before he too would venture into academia. After working as a tutor ...
- Ex-finance director searches for more “soul”
- When Piyush Gupta was offered redundancy after 20+ years working within finance, he jumped at the opportunity. In trying to decide on his future, Piyush’s main aim was to find something that offered more fulfilment and enjoyment. Something with ‘a little bit more soul’. After evaluating his ...
- Former teacher makes education her business
- Amrit Rahi-Deogun launched Tutor Doctor Greenwich in August 2017. In less than two years, she has over 100 tutors on the books and the number of families she works with has almost doubled year-on-year. The mother-of-two puts her success down to her experience working in education, within both ...