The Alternative Board - Business Coaching Franchise
Build your own consultancy with The Alternative BoardWatch Video
- Request Free Information
- Total Investment:
Are you a confident leader with a proven track record in business?
Build your own consultancy with The Alternative Board
Chair Regular Peer Advisory Boards
Deliver 1-2-1 Business Coaching
Run Consultancy Projects
SLT Development Programmes
With a TAB franchise you can use your experience to REALLY help local business owners thrive.
Focus on people, not paperwork
Inspire and impact SME owners
Build a regular, recurring income
Stay solo or scale up and build an asset
Be part of an incredible community
Challenge and grow yourself
Why choose TAB to power your business...
Deliver far more than
The business model is very clever, enabling you to forge deep client relationships through your lucrative regular peer advisory boards. Becoming the trusted advisor of your clients enables you to target your business coaching, consultancy and development programmes very effectively and efficiently.
This is a booming market, proven to be even more so through periods of uncertainty, which seems to be the world we live in today! The advisory boards and coaching deliver a solid regular recuring income, with the consultancy projects and development programmes on top.
average 4 years+
TAB is very cost-effective for clients, delivers them huge ongoing value, and is profitable for you – WIN:WIN. The result is a four-year plus average customer retention, which beats other dedicated business coaching, gym and home care franchises by a mile.
Choose your TAB business journey
TAB Owner / SOLO
Build your own portfolio of local business owner clients, leveraging the TAB brand, systems, support and processes so you can focus on people and not paperwork.
TAB Owner / SCALE UP
Move from working in your business to employing and directing your own facilitators and scale up your own business consultancy, an asset you can sell in the future.
Whichever route you take, starting your own business with the TAB franchise provides you with a proven roadmap to follow from the sector’s leading brand and a clear exit strategy. You’ll have professional content and collateral, proven systems, and ongoing personal guidance and support to call on at all times.
And you’ll be part of a close-knit network of collaborative fellow franchisees.
Join a community of like-minded business leaders
Our most successful franchisees are confident and compelling, people who care – leaders who enjoy the reward of helping business owners flourish. They utilise the power of the brand, systems, support and content to deliver ongoing value to business owners in their local area.
“The business I have started helps me to achieve a lot of my personal goals. I won’t say it’s always been easy, but I have taken back control over my life and the rewards are certainly worth it. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.”
“It’s been challenging, but it’s been the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I like that I can work when it suits me.”
“The values of TAB are very much around people. It’s about keeping one step ahead of the game and looking ahead and being able to see constant innovation. It’s a high calibre community.”
TAB Aberdeenshire East & TAB Dundee
“It gives me real independence, the opportunity to collaborate with great people and I’m in control of my own destiny. It is just as much about helping people to achieve their personal vision and improving their lives – a key driver for me.”
TAB Leeds North & Centre
Leadership from a former franchisee who’s been in your shoes
Our leader – Ed Reid – moved from being a franchisee to take over as franchisor with his business partner Mags Fuller back in 2017. Ed’s been sat right where you are now and knows the TAB journey personally – he’s committed to helping franchisees by sharing his experience. And Ed's original TAB business is still trading, the franchisee who purchased it has grown the business further too!
As UK franchisor we still run a few territories keeping our finger on the pulse and testing new initiatives, before developing further with the network.
We have been in the UK since 2009, but actually trace our roots back to the USA when in 1990 our founder first developed the business concept to share the power he had experienced of non-exec directors. There are now over 400 TAB franchisees serving over 5,000 business owners each month across 25 countries.
34 territories operating in the UK, 75+ available across the country
With very low overheads, this high margin business model delivers a regular income with an initial investment of £66,700, including comprehensive initial training and first-year marketing costs. Each high street bank with franchise specialisms knows the model well and provides funding packages appropriate to individual circumstances.
“If you’ve been successful in your business career and you’re ready to enjoy the emotional and financial rewards of giving back, we look forward to exploring the TAB opportunity with you.”
Ed Reid – TAB UK Franchisor
- The Art of Navigating Seasonal Peaks and Troughs
- For businesses up and down the UK, the year's rhythm brings its own challenges and opportunities. Whether it's the Christmas rush for high street retailers, the summer surge for coastal hotels, or the daily lunchtime demand for sandwich shops, seasonality is a fact of life. But how well do ...
- We’re finalists in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2023
- We are pleased to announce that The Alternative Board (TAB) UK has been recognised as a finalist in the prestigious Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2023. We are especially proud to be the only franchise brand that has reached the final six in the Service Industries Entrepreneur of the Year ...
- The Best Advice – and We All Know It…
- The Best Advice – and We All Know It…By Ed Reid, TAB UK co-owner When I first joined TAB UK I attended a lot of networking meetings. We all know the format: 60 seconds to tell everyone what you do. One of them burned into my memory: I realised afterwards it was some of the best business ...
- Wheels of success in motion
- 04 August 2014
- Andy Wilson, a franchise owner with The Alternative Board (TAB) since April 2011, likes to make sure that he is involved in his local community as much as possible. Not only does he run his own rock music schools for children in the area, he has also recently completed an impressive ...
- Helping business owners love their business more
- Campbell Ure spent 13 years in the corporate world."I decided to exit, and I wanted to acquire a business. I looked at 40 or 50 businesses in central Scotland. I thought, it is tough running your own small business. You must be experts in everything. Once I had that thought, I questioned ...
- A Journey of Entrepreneurial Passion and Business Growth
- From Corporate Executive to TAB Board Facilitator: Jo Croft's Journey of Entrepreneurial Passion and Business Growth Last month, we caught up with Jo Croft, owner of The Alternative Board™ Thames Valley East, to see how she was getting on. Jo joined us five years ago when she was a Finance ...
- A franchise that ticked all the boxes
- Liam Kane worked in financial services for Natwest for 33 years, before leaving his role as a regional director to start a TAB franchise in Northumberland. For 30 years of his career, Liam was working with SME businesses and that was something he didn’t want to lose when starting something ...
- Earning passive income and growing my TAB Franchise
- Max Crosby-Browne has been a TAB Franchisee of two territories (Derby and the East Midlands) since 2019. With a background in marketing and consumer products, Max spent 20 years as CEO for consumer product manufacturing businesses, which were mainly private equity or hedge fund owned. But ...
- Voluntary redundancy called for a change
- Paul Winterbottom has been a franchise owner with The Alternative Board (TAB) since April 2014. When offered voluntary redundancy, Paul left his position at NatWest which he had held for more than 30 years in order to pursue a new career and his dream of being a business owner.“When I left ...
- Why choose a TAB Franchise?
- Are you a confident leader with a proven track record in business? Build your own consultancy business with The Alternative Board.