Mail Boxes Etc. - Communication Services Business Opportunity
If you are looking for greater independence in your future; even if you are a self-employed business owner wanting to diversify your business the Mail Boxes Etc. franchise is perfect for you.Watch Video
- Franchise Fee:
- £25,000 + VAT
- Total Investment:
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Request Free Information
Other Areas Available
Opportunities are available throughout the UK.
Mail Boxes Etc.
Mail Boxes Etc. are seeking dynamic, motivated individuals, couples or business partners, to join our network of high-street stores, offering a mix of services targeting both businesses and consumers, including parcel logistics, postal, print and copy services.
Starting your own business doesn’t have to be complicated.
Founded in California in 1980 Mail Boxes Etc. was, and is, one of the world's largest non-food retail franchises, and part of a global business network of:
- Over 2,900* Retail Service Centres in 50+ Countries
- *including those trading under our sister brands
- Over 1,700 MBE Franchised Service Centres, Worldwide
- 150+ MBE Franchised Service Centres in UK & IE
With over 250,000 regular customers, worldwide, we’ve become the go-to, one-stop-shop for essential services, small and medium businesses, and the general public, are looking for.
Demand for our services has never been greater
If you are looking for greater independence in your future; even if you are a self-employed business owner wanting to diversify your business the Mail Boxes Etc. franchise is the perfect opportunity for you.
We know what it takes to thrive in an ever-changing marketplace, and our willingness to adapt to modern demands, means we’re still ahead of the game, more than 40 years later.
Your business, our support:
Mail Boxes Etc. believe in the power of togetherness, so as a franchisee, you will benefit from:
- The power of the network
- Multiple revenue streams
- Business planning and sales coaching
We put our people at the heart of what we do at Mail Boxes Etc., so you’ll benefit from the guidance and support of people who want to watch you grow. Our training and support package, has been designed to maximise your potential, and includes:
- Pre-opening & site location
- Area operational support
- Pre-launch, & ongoing comprehensive training including On-site training in some of our most successful stores.
- Extensive national marketing support
What effect Did COVID-19 on the Mail Boxes Etc. Network?
During the COVID-19 emergency, MBE centres never stopped working, guaranteeing continuity of service for our customers. The resilient spirit of our business owners and all MBE staff has highlighted their ability to adapt and react to constantly shifting consumer needs. Digital training, constant communication and support technology are the three pillars that sustained MBE during the peak of the Covid-19 emergency, emphasising the values that distinguish the brand.
The Benefits of Owning a Mail Boxes Etc. Franchise:
As a Mail Boxes Etc. franchise owner, you’ll become part of a network of businesses dedicated to fulfilling the demand for a superior service, locally. With our backing and support, you’ll bring high-quality offerings, and excellent in-store customer service, to the heart of your business community.
Mail Boxes Etc. are fully invested in our people, and are proud of our commitment to empowering people just like you to build a better future for themselves.
Through your Mail Boxes Etc. centre, you’ll provide a range of business solutions, including:
- Packing & shipping letters and parcels all over the world
- Logistics solutions for business
- Mailbox and virtual address solutions
- Printing and copying
- Graphic Design & marketing services
Your initial personal investment could be as little as £25,000, with the full, initial investment being between £60,000 and £70,000. Up to 70% of this cost can be funded by a loan from a high-street bank (subject to status). Mail Boxes Etc. also work with finance houses and enterprise finance schemes to help you secure funding for your business.
And, what’s more…
If you are already running a business, and are looking for the right kind of ‘bolt-on’ to enhance your services, and help you grow, Mail Boxes Etc. could be exactly what you need.
Your Next Steps:
Don’t let the Mail Boxes Etc. opportunity pass you by! Just click on the button [or fill in the form below] to request more information, today!
- Interview with Anil Shani - Make way for the new
- Anil Shani, owner of Mail Boxes Etc. in Worcester, is the embodiment of the new wave of MBE franchisees. The 31-year-old, who speaks five languages, graduated from Hull university in supply chain and logistics management in 2015, and “found his lane” in travel, trade and transportation. His ...
- MBE store 5 Star Reviews
- We have a number of MBE stores who receive on a weekly basis 5 star reviews from customers. Please see below examples of internal comms that we have sent out to our network to celebrate our franchise Partners MBE Weybridge This week we take a look at MBE Weybridge who have this week received ...
- Shirvin at MBE Holborn shared the following about the store's journey since opening in January this year:
- "With a huge footfall of tourists, we have been able to embrace the opportunity to provide first-class shipping services to customers from around the world. On top of this, we have excelled in providing postal services for postcards and souvenirs for tourists and visitors alike. In terms of ...
- International Women’s Day 2023 with MBE Franchisee, Nadia Jonker
- International Women’s Day (IWD) has been celebrated globally for over 100 years. Marked annually on 8 March, IWD aims to promote the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women, to educate and raise awareness for women’s equality and call for positive change to advance ...
- Market trends: what’s shaping the art and antiques sector now?
- Technology continues to drive developments in the art and antiques marketplace. The pace of change is rapid, too, particularly when it comes to the amount of choice for buyers looking to shop online. Whereas last year there were only one or two consolidated bidding platforms that acted as ...
- MBE Worldwide acquires World Options
- 19 July 2022
- MBE Worldwide acquires World Options Worldwide S.p.A. (“MBE”) is pleased to announce the acquisition of a majority ownership share of World Options, a UK-based provider of shipping, delivery and logistics services with more than 120 franchisees and agents across the UK, USA, Australia, the ...
- Franchisor pushes the marketing envelope
- 11 July 2018
- Mail Boxes Etc.’s marketing team celebrates summer of sport with bold moves Mail Boxes Etc. UK & Ireland, one of the leading non-food franchises, took a punt this summer with some promotional activity that tapped into the current frenzy for all things football. Said marketing manager James ...
- MoneyGram rewards sterling performance at Mail Boxes Etc. Chichester
- 23 April 2018
- There’s cause for celebration at Mail Boxes Etc. Chichester this spring. The team recently won the best-performing agent award in the South East from global money transfer service MoneyGram. The award recognises the MoneyGram agents with the highest increase in transaction throughput in any ...
- Concierge services are a golden opportunity for Mail Boxes Etc. franchisees
- 19 February 2018
- Entrepreneurial approach of a group of MBE stores in London has benefits for the whole network A multiple-store franchise group with five stores in London has created an opportunity for better business relationships with one of Mail Boxes Etc.’s key customer groups: hotel concierges. Mail ...
- A masterstroke for Mail Boxes Etc. franchisees
- 09 October 2017
- UK franchise network, Mail Boxes Etc., continues its annual arts collaboration, with the world’s first fully painted feature film Throughout the autumn, Mail Boxes Etc. has a beautiful new display to show-off, promoting the critically acclaimed art-house film, Loving Vincent. Following the ...
- New store brings essential everyday services to Streatham
- 23 August 2017
- A new store in Streatham is offering customers a wide range of Royal Mail postal services, as well as parcel shipping, design and print. After a career in IT, local businessman Alister Hartman decided to turn his hand to retailing, and opened his Mail Boxes Etc. store at 10 Streatleigh ...
- Leeds business team wins Franchisee of the Year Award
- 08 August 2017
- Clive and Ruth Thorn, who set up their Mail Boxes Etc. business at 33 Great George Street, Leeds, 15 years ago, were delighted to receive UK Franchisee of the Year Award at the firm’s recent conference. The husband and wife team both left the corporate world with the aim of starting their ...
- Local businesswoman brings new services to Tooting
- 17 July 2017
- After an early career in accounting, Maria Beltran has realised her dream of starting her own business and having more face-to-face contact with customers. Earlier this month, she opened a new Mail Boxes Etc. store at 52 Upper Tooting Road, SW17, offering post, parcel and print services to ...
- Despatched by Mail Boxes Etc. Delivered by Storks
- 13 October 2016
- A collaboration between Mail Boxes Etc. and one of Hollywood’s leading film studios has just raised the bar for non-food franchise marketing. When James Simmons, marketing manager for Mail Boxes Etc. UK & Ireland, received a call from Warner Bros.’ UK agency earlier this year, he spotted an ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. Earn Global Accolade
- 16 August 2016
- Mail Boxes Etc. UK & Ireland has just earned the top accolade in the in the Global MBE Master Licensee Excellence Awards which is judged amongst 32 countries worldwide. The MBE Worldwide network recognised that the UK Head Office team invest considerable time analysing market demands in ...
- A Business with Recognised Success
- 09 August 2016
- Many business owners dream of running their own business and having their brand become a household name. However, in reality, there are very few brands that we love and recognise on a national and global scale. Opening a retail business is a large investment and it can often be difficult to ...
- Beating the High Street Odds
- 04 July 2016
- Why are so many large brands falling away from the UK’s high streets? Even with the economy experiencing a recovery, many high street stores have dropped away from local high streets. So, how do Mail Boxes Etc. stay in business despite fluctuations in the economy and changes in customer ...
- Staying Ahead in an Ever Changing Sector
- 13 June 2016
- Mail Boxes Etc. have introduced two brand new services to their stores to help franchisees remain ahead of their competition. Auction Logistics and OneDrop Click and Collect have been introduced as part of Mail Boxes Etc.’s desire to develop innovative ways of working and provide additional ...
- Success in the North for Mail Boxes Etc.
- 11 May 2016
- Mail Boxes Etc. recently held their Northern Discovery Day in Manchester, which was a very informative day for those who attended. The event gave those interested in investing in a Mail Boxes Etc. franchise an opportunity to discover more about the franchise and to speak with a financial ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. Showcase Success and Look for Growth in the North
- 24 March 2016
- Mail Boxes Etc. recently attended The British and International Franchise Exhibition at Olympia where they spoke to people looking to change their careers and start a business for themselves. The team at MBE were pleased to meet so many people interested in changing their futures and ...
- Marketing excellence at Mail Boxes Etc.
- 18 November 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. have just been awarded the Marketing Excellence Award at the Mail Boxes Etc. Worldwide conference. This is a great achievement and is testament to the hard work and effort that Mail Boxes Etc. put into their marketing campaigns to promote their brand and services across the ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. innovate to stay ahead
- 26 October 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. have expanded their business offering in order to support franchisee sales across the network. The brand new Business Hub provides small businesses and SMEs with the services they need all in one place. By grouping everything into the business hub, businesses are more likely ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. franchisees reach new heights
- 24 August 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. Edinburgh has just celebrated their 10,000th antique shipment. The item was collected, packed and shipped safely to a very happy buyer in America. Mail Boxes Etc. Edinburgh were recommended to the buyer by the auctioneer for their safe and efficient service. The item was even ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. go the extra mile
- 19 June 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. recently held their annual franchisee conference near their headquarters in Oxford. The event was a massive success with around 100 franchisees & their staff in attendance. Named ‘Changes, challenges and profitable growth’, the conference allowed franchisees to come together ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. witness history in the making
- 15 May 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) Stratford-upon-Avon recently had the opportunity to witness history in the making. Cynneth Bonanos’ store partnered with West Midlands auction house, Cuttlestones, to provide pack and ship services for a very interesting one-off auction. MBE is one of the world’s ...
- A hat trick for Mail Boxes Etc.
- 10 April 2015
- Mail Boxes Etc. have scored a hat trick this month. Not just one but three new franchisees have opened their own Mail Boxes Etc. stores this month. Imran Naveed, Ahmad Nawaz and Louis Owens are all proud new owners of their very own businesses in London – Stratford, Welwyn Garden City and ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. - Discovery Days Find out what it's really like to be an MBE franchisee
- 25 September 2014
- This is your chance to find out how a busy, successful Mail Boxes Etc. franchise operates. We can tell you all about it, but there’s nothing like experiencing it for yourself. Our Discovery Days are a great opportunity to learn about the day-to-day operation of an MBE store and see how each ...
- PIONEERING FRANCHISEE CELEBRATES 21ST ANNIVERSARY
- Girvin Vincent is celebrating 21 years as a Mail Boxes Etc. franchisee. He was the first person to join the network, starting his business in 1993 in Store Street, London. The franchise pilot store in Marylebone High Street had been operating for a year at that time. Girvin was already ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. is shortlisted for top franchise award
- 20 May 2014
- Mail Boxes Etc. is excited to be a finalist in the prestigious 2014 bfa (British Franchising Association) Franchisor of the Year Awards. Now in its 25th year, the awards celebrate the country’s most exceptional franchisors, who are driving business growth and development through their ...
- LOCAL BUSINESSMAN RECEIVES NATIONAL ACCOLADE
- 31 July 2013
- Daniel Scott, who owns the Mail Boxes Etc. store in St Albans Road, Watford has received a national award, chosen from 135 stores in the network across the UK. He opened his store when he was just 27. He had always wanted to have his own business and was delighted to find that owning a Mail ...
- LOCAL BUSINESSMEN RECEIVE NATIONAL ACCOLADE
- 31 July 2013
- Business partners and brothers-in-law Murli Mulchandani and Rikesh Nichani, who both live in Ealing, have been chosen as winners of Mail Boxes Etc.’s “Franchisee of the year”. They have received the award in recognition of their business acumen and success, as well as the significant ...
- Record results and confidence in the future are spurs for growth
- 07 February 2013
- Mail Boxes Etc. (UK) Ltd is celebrating the recent renewal of its master licence for the UK and Ireland after two decades of sustained growth. The franchise is looking to the future with confidence. Unique in UK franchising with its network of “one-stop” High Street stores, Mail Boxes Etc ...
- Book a Discovery Day
- 24 January 2013
- Our Discovery Days are a fantastic opportunity to find out everything you need to know to be your own boss and have your own franchise with Mail Boxes Etc. A chance to ask any questions that you may have, hear about the history of the company, and get in depth knowledge on its services and ...
- Not Necessarily on the High Street
- 10 January 2012
- Following the success of the recently opened store on the Reading University campus, business services franchise Mail Boxes Etc is considering more stores in alternative locations, building on its reputation for reliability and service and as the most convenient supplier to local people and ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. 2011 Franchisees of the Year continue to expand
- 29 September 2011
- Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) continues to capitalise on its bumper year success by sharing good news about franchisee expansion. Increasingly, many established franchisees are buying second or even third stores, such as the current “Franchisees of the year” Faraz Ahmad and Osman Ahmed. Still in ...
- Business is booming for Mail Boxes Etc.
- 29 September 2011
- Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) the business services franchise, continues to grow rapidly as group sales across the 125-strong network increase. MBE offers local companies and consumers a unique range of services from its “one-stop” High Street stores across the UK and Ireland. The B2B franchise ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. Opens 1,000th Franchise Worldwide
- 26 July 2011
- Mail Boxes Etc. UK Ltd. part of the global franchise Mail Boxes Etc. Worldwide, is proud to announce the opening of the 1,000th store in Europe under the Worldwide brand. The courier franchise store in Fulham, South West London, is owned by 28-year-old Vladimira Ondruskova, who came from ...
- Mail Boxes Etc Franchisees Win Award
- 21 July 2011
- Friends, former colleagues and now business partners, Faraz Ahmad and Osman Ahmed have scooped the coveted “Franchisee of the year award for 2010” from their franchisor, Mail Boxes Etc.Still in their 20s and franchisees for less than two years, Faraz and Osman already own five central London ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. franchisee seeks longevity
- Abbas Saremi became the owner of his Mail Boxes Etc. store in April 2015 after buying the store from the previous owners who were looking to retire. With a varied background in retail, sales marketing and banking, Abbas knew that he had a broad enough range of skills to take on the challenge ...
- YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL TURN UP!
- Steve Sleigh, FranchiseeMail Boxes Etc, Colchester and Ipswich Colchester-based businessman Steve Sleigh opened his first Mail Boxes Etc. store in Colchester in 2000 and now has a second store in Ipswich. He is very proactive within the franchise network and is well known in his home town ...
- YOU’RE NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN!
- 28 January 2014
- Author, academic and former head teacher John Shipley wanted to start a new venture to keep him occupied when he retired from teaching. He had enjoyed an extremely varied career that took him on educational exchanges with the USA and appearances on their NBC and ABC television channels, as ...
- Husband-Wife Team; Successful Franchisees
- 21 July 2011
- Martin Roberts, former CEO of a worldwide transportation company, and his wife Carole have been Mail Boxes Etc. franchisees for almost nine years, during which time their business has grown significantly. Based at their Plymouth distribution franchise store, they serve a large area of the ...
- Case Study: Delivery Franchise Owner
- 21 July 2011
- “I love the variety of my business and every day is different,” says Justin Brookes, who owns two Mail Boxes Etc. delivery franchise stores in Oxford. “My working day begins with a pleasant drive with my wife from the pretty Cotswold village where we live to the middle of Oxford where we ...
- Women in Franchising: Mail Boxes Etc.
- 19 July 2011
- Laura Mills had many years’ experience of dealing with people of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life when she decided to realise a long-held ambition to be her own boss and chose a retail franchise Mail Boxes Etc. to start a new career as a franchisee.After almost 20 years as a woman ...
- Case Study: Courier Franchise Owner
- 14 April 2011
- “Leave no stone unturned” might have been coined exclusively for Steve Kennedy, the energetic and imaginative Mail Boxes Etc franchisee in Wilmslow, Cheshire who is always keen to explore new ideas and exploit new opportunities. Before he joined the courier franchise Steve worked in senior ...
- Mail Boxes Etc. - your local post, parcel & print centre
- At Mail Boxes Etc., we're your local post, parcel & print centre.
- What's a typical day in the life for an MBE franchisee? - Michael, Dublin
- We ask Michael Noel Harte, owner of Mail Boxes Etc. Dublin Lombard Street and Dublin Rathmines, what a typical day is like for an MBE franchisee.
- Why did you choose MBE? - Faraz, London
- We ask Faraz Ahmad, owner of multiple stores in London, why he chose to open a franchise with us. Faraz owns stores at Belgravia, Camden, Earls Court, Oxford Circus, Victoria and Westminster.
- 7 great reasons to join us today
- Here's just 7 reasons to become part of our growing franchise network today.
- Some advice for prospective franchisees - Greg, Tunbridge Wells
- We ask Greg Milton, owner of Mail Boxes Etc. Tunbridge Wells, what advice he would give to prospective MBE franchisees.