Metro Rod - Drainage Services Franchise
Multi Million-pound turnover management franchises available. We can teach you everything you need to know about drainage. Industry leading experts in wastewater management, tankers, and pumps.Watch Video
- Request Free Information
- Minimum Investment:
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Metro Rod was established 35 years ago, in which time we’ve built up a strong national brand and an enviable reputation in our field. Blocked drains are a never-ending issue which means a never-ending supply of work for our 43 UK depots, making our franchise business profitable and essential!
Metro Rod is uniquely positioned to be on-site within hours and help customers with all drainage issues. We work 24/7/365, responding to emergency call-outs whenever and wherever needed. The delivery of this top-quality service has made us one of the top franchises in the business.
There are three causes of pipe congestion:
- A build-up of fats, greases and oils that cool and solidify, restricting water flow and potentially even sealing off the pipe.
- A build-up of non-flushable waste including wet wipes, nappies, q-tips and other non-flushable items, can restrict water flow.
- External factors - e.g. tree roots damaging pipes - can cause drains to collapse in extreme cases.
On top of inconvenience, blockages can lead to any number of larger problems. A build-up in your drain can cause slow water drainage whilst severe cases can damage the pipes.
At Metro Rod, we pride ourselves on our high-quality pipe-unblocking and repairs services that cover all of these issues and more. No matter the drain’s location or the problem, we keep pipe systems running smoothly and minimise the disruption to clients’ businesses and homes.
WHY CHOOSE METRO ROD?
Metro Rod’s 43 franchise depots have a well-oiled machine with our support centre that centralises many of the standard services to make life easier for our business owners. In short, you are your own boss but with the benefit of the rock-solid foundation of our successful franchise model.
We provide all the tools you need to thrive, just like buying a business in kit form:
- Your exclusive local area
- Robust, recession-proof business with unlimited earnings potential – 35% of franchisees achieve sales over £1m
- Negotiated contracts with the UK’s leading companies, councils, schools and housing authorities
- Unrivalled vision and investment in IT systems and processes
- The use of a tried-and-tested business model
- 24/7 call centre and a unique team of support centre experts
- Supportive network of 40+ inspired and motivated franchisees
- Full training in technical, health and safety, sales and marketing, finance and IT
- We work with top global media and PR agencies to ensure success
- The security and expertise of belonging to the larger Franchise Brands plc Group
- Franchises can be built up and grow into attractive re-saleable assets, protecting the investment
WHAT DOES METRO ROD DO?
24/7/365 reliable, trustworthy drain care and repair, as well as a range of additional services:
- Robotic cutting equipment
- Drain mapping
- Pre-opening inspection
- Grease trap & fog management
- Pump services
- Soil stack cleaning and maintenance
- CCTV drain surveys
- Septic tank & cesspit emptying
- Gutter cleaning services
- Water softening and filtration
- Tanker services
- 24/7 Call Centre to support you with calls and job bookings out of hours
- A large accounts team that invoice and collect payments on your behalf leaving you free to work on your business and providing you with a regular payment date so you can manage your business and cash flow
- Marketing team working on your behalf to promote the Metro Rod brand
- A sales team working to secure national accounts across the whole of the UK
- Team of IT professionals supporting a fantastic suite of software, apps and tools to help you manage your business efficiently, from CRM systems to Job Management and invoicing software
“My wife and I have been running Metro Rod (Norwich) since 2001, and over that time have built up a strong and loyal client base.”
Shaun O’Brian, Metro Rod franchisee (Norwich)
A Management Franchise owner with drive and ambition to own a large turnover business of between £1-5 million. Experience in the drainage industry is not essential.
- Franchise Fee: £10,000
- Minimum Investment: £100,000
- Minimum Liquid Capital: £25,000
- Metro Rod Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 23 November 2018
- Achievements of Metro Rod franchisees and engineers recognised and celebrated at spectacular annual conference and awards ceremony Franchisees at Metro Rod, the market leader in commercial drainage, together with Support Centre teams, the Franchise Brands Board and key partners and suppliers ...
- Metro Rod Aberdeen expand into 2018
- 26 January 2018
- Just a handful of months after taking over the Metro Rod Aberdeen area, Nick and Angela Langan, who also run hugely successful safety and compliance business ‘Safetest Compliance Services’, have started 2018 as they mean to go on, with expansion into Dundee and Perth, and the Highlands and ...
- New Year, New Metro Rod!
- 15 January 2018
- 2018 is definitely set to be the most exciting year yet for leading drainage repair and maintenance company Metro Rod! Since being purchased by Franchise Brands plc back in April 2017, it’s been non-stop. Franchisee visits with each member of the Metro Rod network have been conducted - ...
- Metro Rod celebrates at inaugural Conference and Awards ceremony 2017
- 21 November 2017
- Franchisees, employees and suppliers from across the country all congregated last weekend at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for the much-anticipated Metro Rod conference and awards ceremony, sponsored by iTouch. This was the first of its kind under the ownership of Franchise Brands plc, and ...
- Peter Molloy appointed Managing Director
- 05 October 2017
- Franchise Brands plc is pleased to announce the promotion of Peter Molloy to Managing Director of recently acquired Metro Rod, a leading provider of drainage and plumbing services. Peter has a substantial knowledge of the business having been Commercial Director of Metro Rod since 2003, and ...
- We liked the business we worked in so much, we bought it!
- 07 June 2017
- The latest franchisees to join the Metro Services Group network know exactly what it takes to succeed – the business has been taken over by Lee Davies and Martin O’Connor following a management buyout of the exiting owner. Lee and Martin, who have worked in the franchise for 15 and 14 years ...
- Metro Rod Double Victory at BFA Awards
- 03 October 2016
- Two franchisees from industry leading drainage experts Metro Rod have proven they are simply the best, winning their categories in the British Franchise Awards and beating competition from some of the most celebrated and successful franchise businesses in the country.Franchising contributes ...
- Mike and Matthew Yates - Bolton
- Mike and Matthew’s story: Mike and Matthew had grown their family removals and haulage company from a one-man-and-a-van operation to a 12-strong vehicle fleet. But their livelihoods were threatened by a slump in the housing market and surge in fuel prices. To beat the recession, they started ...
- George and Tricia Craig - North East
- George and Tricia's Story: The potential of a Metro Rod business to thrive in trying circumstances that helped persuade George and Tricia to invest in the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor more than a decade ago. “When we chose the franchise, we felt that Metro Rod was a ...
- Ashley and Tracy Waller - Bedford
- Employment History: Ashley had twice been made redundant during his sales career, so was looking to take control of his own career. Tracy’s management position in a dental practice had given her firm business experience but she wanted a role where her efforts would be better rewarded. A ...
- Jean Mullan and Shaun O'Brien - Norwich
- Jean’s and Shaun's Story: Jean and husband Shaun had always worked hard to support their young family, but a career as an employee in the motor trade didn’t guarantee the rewards that her efforts deserved. Jean’s experience in the car industry had shown the benefits of a franchise business ...
- Alun and Cath Richards - Mid Wales
- Alun and Cath's Story: Alun was an experienced dairy farmer, but uncertainty in the rural economy meant he wanted to diversify. Careful research led him to Metro Rod, the UK’s leading business-to-business drainage contractor, whose trusted brand name and national reputation made the company ...
- Sue Caulfield, Metro Rod
- Many entrepreneurs have to overcome adversity. Sue’s certainly taken on a lot more than her fair share in order to be where she is today. Sue started the business with her husband in 1999 after returning to the UK from Germany, where she lived for seven years. Everything went well from the ...
- CEO Meets Metro Rod
- 02 September 2021
- Metro Rod - Connect Customer Portal - User Journey
- 04 May 2021
- Are you frustrated not knowing what's happened to the jobs you book with suppliers? Metro Rod's Connect portal gives you full visibility and instant access to all jobs, from checking to job status to seeing the description of work and cost details. About Metro Rod: Metro Rod is the ...
- Metro Rod Franchisee Video
- Our Metro Rod Guildford franchisee Graeme, talks about the process to join Metro Rod and his plans for the future.
- Metro Rod Franchisee Video
- Paul Davies our Metro Rod Franchisee in Northern Ireland talks about his entry into the business and why he decided to become a franchisee with Metro Rod.