Ableworld - Mobility Equipment Retail Franchise
The UK’s leading retailer in the ever-growing mobility sector. You will operate a retail outlet selling motorised scooters and mobility aidsWatch Video
- Request Free Information
- Franchise Fee:
- Total Investment:
- Available on request
- Minimum Investment:
Ableworld is the largest mobility retailer in the country in an industry valued at around £1.5 billion annually. The mobility retail sector is set to expand dramatically as the UK’s population is living longer and demanding a greater quality of life in their own homes.
The Ableworld franchise business model gives you two primary revenue streams. Firstly, there’s the retail store itself, which carries a comprehensive range of quality products including mobility scooters, chairs, wheelchairs and accessories and secondly, you will benefit from an additional stairlifts operation.
A Growing Franchise in a Growing Market
With approximately 750,000 people reaching retirement age each year there is a stable and increasing demand for the sort of products and services offered by the market leader, Ableworld. Mobility scooters, stairlifts, adjustable beds, wheelchairs and home aids have become increasingly needed in every part of the country.
In contrast to many other retailers, Ableworld is continuing to thrive and grow and are looking to open new locations across the country.
The Ableworld Franchise Package
An Ableworld franchise gives you two complimentary income streams.
- The retail outlet - a mobility superstore which sells a comprehensive range of quality products to help the elderly and disabled in their homes and outdoors.
- The stairlift business which, using only high-quality branded equipment provides homeowners with a variety of life-changing options.
Other benefits of this British Franchise Association approved franchise include:
- Comprehensive training and support
- Exclusive use of the Ableworld™ brand within a generous territory
- Lower than average fees
- Help in negotiating the best property deal
- Substantial marketing launch pack
- Help in arranging finance and much more
With almost 40 stores across the country Ableworld is the clear market leader, but there are plenty of perfect locations available for ambitious franchisees looking for a retail business with a strong long-term future that can work in a variety of premises.
Ableworld franchisees benefit from ongoing, dedicated franchise support from a large, highly experienced Head Office team.
- You are joining the UK’s largest mobility retail chain
- 20 years’ experience of successfully running mobility stores
- Unrivalled support for franchisees from experienced retail professionals
- Financial and personal rewards associated with a successful franchise
- Best-in-class training programme
- Access to Ableworld’s formidable buying power
- An exclusive, generous franchise territory
- Licence to use the nationally recognised Ableworld brand, logo, and trademark
- Fitting out your new store and help in recruiting staff
- Access to our all-encompassing till and CRM system
- First rate marketing support including social media
Unique among mobility retailers in being the only member of the British Franchise Association in their field.
We're proud to be a member of the BFA
“Proud to have created a trusted brand and take providing an ethical service very seriously. We are approved by a number of professional bodies including the National Association of Equipment Providers.”
An Ableworld Franchise package is £29,950 and your business can be started with £75K. This can be financed by up to 70%* so you will need a minimum of £25,000 - £30,000 liquid funds available.
*We have affiliations with the main UK Banks who have specific lending packages available for Ableworld Franchisees (subject to their lending and security requirements).
For more information on franchising with Ableworld, please complete the short form below. In the comments box below please indicate the geographical area(s) you are interested in.
- Making the Difference
- 13 November 2017
- Having an established, trustworthy provider of living and mobility aids can make all the difference to your safety and quality of life, says Donna Wilson of Ableworld, based in Lincoln and Newark... It’s the difference between a poor quality of life, and a good quality of life. Safety ...
- Mobility retail franchise shortlisted for the bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year 2014 awards.
- 25 April 2014
- Ableworld, the UK’s leading mobility retail franchise is delighted to announce that they have been shortlisted as one of the finalist for this year’s British Franchise Associations, Emerging Franchisor of the Year award 2014. The annual bfa awards are recognised within the franchising ...
- Ableworld Franchisee of the Year reports increased turnover of nearly 30%
- Ableworld, the UK’s leading mobility retailer are proud to announce the great success of their Birkenhead franchise. The expanding franchise network saw healthy growth, but Andy Rees (owner of Ableworld Birkenhead) stole the show, seeing like for like turnover compared to last year increase ...
- Mobility retail franchise teams up with social enterprise fund to help budding entrepreneurs
- Ableworld, the UK’s leading mobility retailer are pleased to announce that they have been accepted as an approved member of the FranchisingWorks programme, a social enterprise that tackles unemployment by helping to create new businesses and jobs through franchising. As well as providing ...
- Ableworld opens its 20th store
- 13 March 2014
- Ableworld, the UK’s leading mobility retailer are proud to announce the opening of its latest Franchise in Gloucester! With more franchise openings in the pipeline it’s going to be another year of expansion as the Ableworld franchise model proves its credentials.Ableworld Gloucester is owned ...
- Ableworld Broxburn
- When and why did you decide to take on a franchise business? We started the process back in September 2013, I went to some franchise fairs in Edinburgh but nothing appealed. Myself and my wife Audrey independently selected franchises of interested from franchise magazines the only one that ...
- Ableworld Colchester
- Gerald and Maria Roper opened their Ableworld franchise in October 2013.Gerald and Maria are very much a part of the local community. Gerald, who previously taught for over 20 years has always been actively involved in local issues having been a school governor and treasurer for his local ...
- Andy Rees (Ableworld Birkenhead)
- From day one, Andy could see the enormous potential that exists in the retail mobility sector. For him no day is the same, each one brings new opportunities and challenges in what is an exciting and emerging market. Andy has been running his Ableworld franchise since 2008 and his business ...