Choose your country

Or view all businesses for sale



Established Damage-restoration Firm In West Midlands For Sale

West Midlands, UK
Asking Price:
£500K - £1M
Net Profit:
Under £50K

The Opportunity

Picking up the pieces after a fire, a flood, or a storm is lucrative business, and with damage to homes and businesses only likely to worsen substantially due to climate change, this West Midlands restoration business is in a prime position to profit from putting things right.

Every time you read, see, or hear about another town being inundated by floodwaters or a pub going up in flames, the claims lines light up at Britain’s major insurers, and they turn to the damage repair industry to do the remedial work.

Insurers and loss-adjusters only use repairers they can trust, so it’s no surprise that this business gets the lion’s share of contracts it bids for, as well as fulfilling the contracts of successful bidders who don’t have the experience or expertise to handle the work.

Despite the unpredictability of natural disasters or premises fires, businesses receive a steady stream of work from the insurance industry and can only expect much more as damaging events increase in frequency and severity as climate change continues to accelerate.

And with 96% of its business coming from the insurance industry and its associates, there is a huge opportunity for the new owner to grow the business by doing much more work for those who currently make up the other 4%: home owners, businesses, schools, churches, landlords, and letting agencies, among many more.

The Franchise

This West Midlands restoration business has built an enviable reputation for reliability and efficiency among the insurers and loss-adjusters who routinely turn to it to put things right for their clients.

Starting with a single franchise territory 26 years ago, the owner has grown the business impressively by acquiring neighbouring territories until it now accounts for 7.5 of the 404 territories in the 50-strong UK network.

It serves a swathe of the West Midlands, yet 95% of the restorations it handles are less than an hour’s drive from its well-chosen centralised base in the West Midlands.

With its own fleet of vehicles and small but highly-trained staff, this restoration business is ripe for the sort of expansion and increase in profits that would result from wooing the currently almost untapped markets available all around it.

The business is only on the market because the owner is approaching retirement age and has decided to take things easier, leaving the way open for a new owner with energy and ambition to help the business realise its full potential.


Grow the business steadily, or really go for it? That’s the choice awaiting the buyer of this West Midlands restoration business, a highly respected damage-repair business that’s valued by insurers and loss adjusters and appreciated by the home and business owners whose premises it puts right. The steady stream of business makes it profitable enough, but the right entrepreneur with drive and determination has the chance to exploit almost-untapped sectors of the market and increase profitability substantially.

Enquire now!