Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
• Operating as a Spar Store serving convenience groceries, beers, Wines & spirits, counter sales of newspapers and magazines and Usual post office services
• Shop sales of £12,000-£15,000 weekly plus lotto and pay point income. Post office income approximates £10,000-£12,000 per annum
• Adjacent self-contained fish & chip take-away could be owner Operated or rented out to generate additional income located In pleasant South Worcestershire village
• Take-away sales average £8,000 weekly - all over-the-counter - scope for deliveries
• For sale after 19 years ownership
• Operating from impressive detached freehold property
• Very well presented and equipped business premises with self
-contained residential accommodation above
• Convenience store & post office – sales area (1,163 ft.²), stock Room (392 ft.²), office (73 ft.²), toilet
• Fish & chip shop – take-away sales area (253 ft.²), prep. Room (187 ft.²), toilet
• Ample customer forecourt parking and rear service yard
• 2 x self-contained centrally heated and double glazed flats (1 x one bedroom, 1 x two bedrooms), generating additional income or suitable for owner occupation
• Price - O.I.R.O. £825,000 S.A.V. to include the freehold property, goodwill and trade equipment. S.A.V.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire two adjacent and established businesses serving a thriving village and operating from a freehold property providing well-presented and equipped business premises and self-contained residential accommodation which currently generates additional income, but is also suitable for owner occupation.
The businesses are offered for sale pending the retirement of one of the proprietors after 19 years ownership.
The businesses are located in the pleasant south Worcestershire village of Honeybourne on the edge of the picturesque Cotswolds and close to the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire borders. The village benefits from a thriving community with two public houses, a school, church, caravan park and industrial estate. There is a resident population of circa 1,600 (2017 estimate), and whilst a rural location, the village has excellent transport links via the M5, M40 and M42 motorways (all within 30-40 minutes), and a mainline GWR rail station on ‘The Cotswold Line’ which runs from London Paddington to Hereford via Oxford.
The Convenience Store is managed by one of the proprietors and serves the everyday needs of the village and surrounding communities, stocking a comprehensive range of convenience groceries, frozen foods, household sundries, beers, wines and spirits, counter sales of newspapers and magazines, Lotto and Paypoint together with the usual services of a Community Post Office.
The Take-Away was established by our clients in 2014, is unopposed in the village and managed by staff, operating as a traditional Fish & Chip shop serving a menu which includes fried fish, chips, pies, sausages, kebabs, chicken and burgers.
The freehold detached two-storey property is presented in good order, with the two businesses fitted and equipped to good standards, with the Convenience Store including a 1,163 ft.² sales area and Post Office section, 392 ft.² stock room, 73 ft.² office, and toilet. The adjacent Fish & Chip Take-Away includes a 253 ft.² sales area, 187 ft.² prep. room, and toilet. On the first floor is the self-contained residential accommodation (1 x one bedroom and 1 x two bedroom flats), currently generating additional income of £830 per month, but also suitable for owner occupation if desired. To the front of the property is convenient and ample forecourt parking for customers, and to the rear there is a yard serving both businesses.
An internal inspection is recommended of
these established businesses with freehold property located in a pleasant village. At the request of the proprietors, all inspections must be strictly by prior arrangement only through Central business agency.
For full particulars quote ref. CC/9340
1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom self-contained flats. Currently rented to generate additional income, but also available with vacant possession if required for owner occupation.
Serving a thriving village community.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business