Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Beau Regards which is a well-established business with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a profitable and well used local business in an area teeming with customers.
Beau Regards is a Chocolatier, Card and Gift Shop. The business was founded 18 years ago by the current owners and has been at the current premises for the last 12 years or so.
This family business has been a real labour of love for the current owners and has flourished under their ownership and they have an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owners who are popular and well-respected members of the local community.
Alas the time has come to sell this lovely little business, only because of the owners wish to enjoy a well-earned retirement. They are keen to see their beloved business passed to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
This immaculately presented, and well stocked shops sells a variety of items including;
• Greeting cards
• Wrapping paper, gift bags and tissue paper
• Soft toys and gifts
• Celebration mugs
• Key lights
• Ribbons and bows
• Celebration banners and bunting
• The Finest Belgian Chocolates.
The sale will include the business Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet via websites such as ---.--------.---, ---.--------.---, ---.---.---, ---.----.--- etc.
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly twitter and Instagram
• Website to extol the products and services provided, ideally with an e commerce facility
• Introduce a customer loyalty card / scheme
• Extend the opening hours
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Little or no competition locally
• Ideal owner managed, partnership or husband and wife business
• Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey opportunity
• A lifestyle business offering a lucky new owner the opportunity to work in the lovely village of Wombourne.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment. This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
Beau Regards is located in Wombourne, a large village and civil parish in Staffordshire.
Wombourne is located 4 miles south west of Wolverhampton and just outside the county and conurbation of the West Midlands. Although the parish had a population approaching 2000 by the mid-19th century, the village itself remained quite small- essentially confined to the area around the present village green.
The area around the green, the original village of Wombourne, evolved as the commercial and cultural centre. The green was surrounded by small independent shops, of which Beau Regards is one, and which remain a distinctive feature of the villages commercial life.
The village population of Wombourne works partly locally and partly in the larger centres of Wolverhampton, the Black Country, Birmingham and Telford. Wombourne is a particularly salubrious area and housing here is priced above the average and highly sought after.
National Express West Midlands bus routes 255, 256, 255s and 256s all serve Wombourne. The area is near to the main A449 road.
Beau Regards is ideally situated opposite the village green alongside a complimentary retail business.
The business really is beautifully presented and maintained with clear, visible signage and distinctive and upmarket looking dark red and gold livery. There is a shoppers car park nearby along with free on street parking in the surrounding streets.
The business benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business occupies the ground floor of a semidetached retail unit, is presented to the highest possible standard and briefly comprises;
• Windows and half glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior
• Cleverly designed to maximise the space available with tiled floor
• Suspended ceiling with concealed lighting and LED spotlights
• Bespoke counter in a light Oak effect with till
• Card Machine and generous wrapping area
• Glass serve over counter displaying the finest Belgian Chocolates
• Weighing machine
• Perimeter card racking with drawers beneath
• Central card gondola
• Floating glass shelving
• Ample hanging space for bagged items
• Semi-circular soft toy display
• Wrapping paper dispensers
• Freestanding pop up card display
• Useful stockroom with suspended ceiling
• Fluorescent lighting
• Tiled floor
• Close coupled toilet
• Hand wash basin
• Window to rear
Walk-in Store Room
Under stairs Storage Area
Staff Room / Stock Room
• Run of worktop
• Window to rear
• Perimeter shelving
• Floor storage space
We are advised that Beau Regards is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing Lease has just expired but we are advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable Lease with a new owner.
The current rent is £12,600 per annum which is reasonable given the size and location of the premises.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.
Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Saturday 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
The business is run and managed by our two clients.
Beau Regards generates an advised turnover of circa £106,000 as of the 2018 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 54%.
It needs to be appreciated that the business is currently being run at a pace to suit due to health issues and has enjoyed higher turnover previously.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business