Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
A manufacturing eCommerce business, launched April 2017, which has made a promising start and has lots of potential in the right hands.
An ideal opportunity for someone who wants to work from home, someone with an interest in marketing or someone creative.
Over the past 10 months, the website has seen a steady increase in traffic and ranks #1 on Google. In February we had 1,490 unique visitors. All traffic currently comes from free sources - mainly SEO, direct and social media.
The business has taken over £3k in revenue over the past 10 months (£900 of that in February), with next to nothing spent on marketing and one part-time staff.
The business is for sale because I became pregnant around the time it was launched and I am finding it difficult to fulfill orders with a newborn to look after. There is so much potential but I just don't have the time now. The asking price is approximately the amount spent on manufacturing equipment.
Potential ways to grow the business:
- Use the printing system for printing mugs, plates, coasters, glasses, pottery, murals etc etc
- Add to the number of countries who can buy online. We have made several EU sales, but so far have only added shipping options from countries where we have received enquiries.
- Allow customers to submit their own designs/photos for printing
- Increase the number of affiliate links across the site, add Google ads
- Add more designs - coastal, kitchen, animals etc etc
- Paid search, advertising, PR, more social media activity, home exhibitions etc
- Supply tile shops with ready-made tiles
- Grow Etsy channel
- Print floral designs onto other items (bags, clothing, stationery etc) - additional equipment required for this.
The tiles are currently made to order. The manufacturing process is very simple and can be taught in just a few minutes. The current workshop is approx 10sq-m and this is plenty big enough.
- Ceramic printing system (paid £9k + VAT). A3 Printer, approx 1,000 sheets of ceramic ink left, approx 100 A3 sheets of ceramic transfer paper (6-15 tiles per sheet)
- Fellowes industrial laminator
- Potterycraft electric kiln (paid £1.5k incl VAT. Plugs into a standard house socket. Eco model. Fires 80 small or 40 large tiles per firing. Includes kiln furniture set and tile cranks worth £100)
- High-res versions of all of the images available on the website, with licence to use on products commercially
- Additional library of hundreds more floral images with licences.
- Website domains.
- Wordpress website with huge content section and affiliate links for matching plain tiles.
- Etsy shop. Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Houzz, Google+ social media accounts
- All blank tiles, packaging etc available at time of sale.
- Training in use of the website and the manufacturing process.
Please get in touch if you are genuinely interested in taking on this business.
Work from home
Room in private home. Approx 10sq-m. Electric socket required. Ideally a window for kiln ventilation.
Printing on other ceramic or glass items.
Adding affiliate links and ads to website.
Investing in marketing - next to nothing spent to date.
Printing floral designs on other items - clothes, bags, stationery.
Adding more designs - coastal, kitchen, animals, murals etc.
Allow customers to submit their own designs.
Supply tile shops.
Enable selling to more international destinations.
I started the business because I couldn't find the products I wanted when tiling my own kitchen. There are a couple of similar businesses in the UK - Welbeck tiles, Original Style and Marlborough tiles. Welback are longer established but a lot more expensive. Marlborough and Original Style are hand-painted rather than printed and again, much more expensive. From the large tile retailers, there is very little choice of designs and what is available tends to be quite bland.
Available and included in asking price. To be agreed.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business