As a profitable home interiors business with an outstanding local reputation for quality and service, this franchise provides exceptional foundations on which a new ambitious owner can grow further and lead from the front.
Established 10 years ago as the very first Schmidt showroom in the UK, the business has been trailblazing since day one. The figures can demonstrate a long track record of success and profitability to serious interested buyers – and still has enormous potential for future growth.
Current turnover exceeds £1m and projections show scope to increase this further by 40% or more.
With comprehensive training and support on offer from a global brand, you don’t need previous experience in home improvements: your role would be to lead the business, manage your team and liaise with potential customers on achieving their dream project, designed by your professional staff.
The new owner will benefit from:
- A strong customer base with an excellent enquiry:sale ratio
- A loyal, skilled and stable team, including two designers and a fitter
- Multiple strong supplier relationships, including rebates on products sold
- Exceptional local reputation in its catchment area with strong word-of-mouth referrals
- Brand awareness and Schmidt’s national marketing campaigns
The business is part of the Schmidt UK network of showrooms, offering bespoke, custom-built interior solutions for kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms home offices and more. This creates multiple income streams and repeat business from consumers who upgrade one room in their home, then come back for more.
The new owner will benefit from an exclusive catchment area in affluent Wimbledon, meaning no other Schmidt showroom can open in the vicinity.
Backed by its long-term success, several avenues exist to further grow sales and profitability substantially, including:
- Increased local marketing activity, which the current owner admits has not been his focus
- Develop B2B relationships with local property developers and related businesses
- Promoting Schmidt’s newest product ranges, increasing the potential target audience
These and other avenues will be discussed as part of the due diligence process.
Schmidt has been in the business of making homes look beautiful for almost 90 years, and is the fifth-largest interiors manufacturer in Europe.
Schmidt’s history began in 1934 when Hubert Schmidt began operating a family business specialising in the manufacturing of kitchen dressers. This endeavour became official when the company we know today was founded in 1959 in the Alsace region of France.
In those intervening years, Schmidt has grown to become one of Europe’s leading and most revered names in stunning, made-to-measure home interior manufacturers.
We are proud to still be a family-owned and run business to this day, with Hubert’s grandchildren now heading up the company, led by CEO Anne Leitzgen. Our nimble, customer-focused approach has enabled us to deliver success for decades, and continues to change lives – for both our franchisees and our customers.
Our ambitions are:
- To remain the No.1 European network of kitchen distributors
- To be in the top 4 kitchen manufacturers in Europe, and top 10 in the world
- Continue to lead the market on sustainable manufacturing
An exciting opportunity to purchase a highly profitable business, capitalise on a stellar local reputation, and develop new profitable growth through avenues already identified by the current owner.
You’ll be supported by one of the world’s leading interiors companies, which is growing rapidly across the UK. Comprehensive training and support on everything from design to sales to VR is included for the new owner.