* Prime trading location with Harbourside Exmoor Village
* Close and car parking and the famous Funicular Railway
* Cafe with covers for 22 and outside seating to the front
* Trading daytime only 10am - 5pm, 8 months of the year, scope for longer hours
* Currently operated by husband and wife partnership with 1 part time member of staff
* Currently receiving full business rates relief
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
The premises is situated in prime trading location alongside the River Lyn, next to the iconic thatched Rising Sun Public House and opposite the landmark Rhenish Tower. Car parking along The Esplanade is close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being ground floor cafe premises the cottage style premises has a small seating area and flower planters to the front, with further covers for 22 within. Internally there is a feature fireplace, being a former bread oven, as well as exposed stonework and beamed ceiling. To the rear is a kitchen area with further storage and preparation space accessed via an alleyway.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest and an assignment of the current 5 year lease, from February 2021. The rent is currently £14,400 per annum.
The business is operated by our husband and wife clients with the additional assistance of 1 part time member of staff. At present the business opens 10am - 5pm from March to October half term, given the owners around 4 months away from the business. The business offers a manageable menu of light lunches, snacks, sandwiches, hot and cold drinks, ice creams, cream teas etc. It is expected that 2021 season will show a turnover of approximately £80,000, more accountancy information upon request.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
31`4 x 12`7 (9.55m x 3.85m) Single fronted cafe unit, counter server, ice cream server, coffee machine, cottage style premises, electric flame effect fire within recessed stonework fireplace, exposed beamed ceiling, vinyl flooring, table and chair seating for 22 covers
Drinks chiller, ice cream freezer, water urn, induction hob, 2 x microwaves, 5 x deep fat fryers, extractor, 2 x panini grills, eye level grill, stainless steel single drainer sink, 2 x fridge / freezers, toaster
REAR WASH AREA AND STORE (accessed via rear path)
2 upright commercial freezers, 4 freezers, 1 x fridge/freezer, 2 x dishwashers, safe, 1 under counter fridge, 2 x under counter freezers, storage shelving, preparation bench, saladette chiller, meat slicer, stainless steel single drainer sink, shelving
To the front of the property is a tiled area with space for two further tables.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW