Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
This successful turnkey business offers an investor an established successful trading company with confirmed future bookings and an enviable turnover with greater potential.
Located on the stunning west side of the Lake District, the Hall maintains a strong position in Cumbria's accommodation market there is opportunity to further improve the income through promotion and development.
Some key points to be considered include:
- Currently 345 bookings, equating to 745 nights and a minimum of £75,000 already taken for the next 12 months.
- Located within three miles of a major employer (Sellafield) and on the gateway to Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England.
- A newly built Annex offering a combination of en-suite bedrooms and apartments that have been built to a very high standard.
- Installation of a Biomass Pellet Boiler that has gained RHI approval and offers an index linked income for the next 15 years. The current income from the boiler is in the region of £4K per annum.
- Complete renovation of a number of rooms in the Hall to expose sandstone walls, oak beams and original fire places.
- Major ground works in the beer garden to offer one of the best outside drinking areas in Cumbria.
- 5* Scores on the doors.
- West Cumbria CAMRA pub of the year 2017.
- Documented Full Health & Safety Policies.
- Newly installed and maintained fire alarm systems.
- Private water supply.
- Large car park.
- Ideal village location with good local facilities.
Further information available upon request, please contact seller below for more details.
There is a 2 bedroom owners apartment that offers a large lounge, bathroom and office. The office could be converted into a kitchen if required.
The Hall is located within the beautiful and unspoilt area of the Western Lake District. Almost on the doorstep is Sellafield Ltd, a company that employs around 10,000 workers and approximately 8,000 of these workers are contractors, the majority of which are looking for accommodation.
With the development of Moorside, close by, this will result in even more accommodation being required. http://www.itv.com/news/border/2017-05-03/exclusive-nugen-ceo-certain-moorside-nuclear-development-will-go-ahead/
Located close to some of the most breathtaking views in England including Scafell, Englands highest mountain and Wastwater, Englands deepest lake. The Hall is only 3 miles from Seascale beach and approximately 5-6 miles from Drigg and St Bees beach. With Eskdale Golf Club, Seascale Golf Club, St Bees Golf Club, Whitehaven Golf Club, Workington Golf Club and Silloth Golf Club on the west coast, the Hall is well positioned for walkers, climbers, cyclists, anglers and golf enthusiasts.
The business offers 7 en-suite bedrooms in the Hall, 8 en-suite bedrooms in the Annex, a 2 bedroom apartment, a 3 bedroom apartment and a 2 bedroom owners accommodation. This award winning business has been renovated to a high standard and has bookings all year round. The ground area offers an opportunity to further extend the business.
The restaurant caters for a total of 36 seats and with the bar, lounge and beer garden this could well exceed 100.
The beer garden has been completely revamped to offer Al fresco dining, an outside bar and outside electrics for musical entertainment. With our feature chimnea this area has become very popular on warm evenings giving you a Mediterranean feel in Cumbria.
The internal bar is well liked by residents and locals and has some of the old charm, with no music or TV in this area it feels good to hear the buzz of conversation.
The lounge is more of an informal eating area and has a large TV to offer residents and locals more of a pub feel for watching rugby and football rather than their room.
Further potential could involve:
- Extending the single storey building into a three storey building to provide further accommodation.
- Extend to the left of the Hall to offer conference and wedding facilities, a gym and spa or additional bedrooms.
- Relocate the bar into the restaurant to provide a bar over 3 times the size of the existing one.
- Install a micro brewery.
Being one of the best accommodation providers of this area the Hall holds a strong position and turns away business every week of the year.
Looking to relocate to France.
24/7 operation, Monday - Sunday
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business