Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
About The Business:
Everyone deserves to get some proper hot dogs – steamed, with 100% beef sausages and wrapped up in the best quality American buns. You can visit 7 different United States just by stepping into this tiny shop as each state has its own signature hot dog which you can get here – right in the heart of Aberdeen.
The design of the shop is connecting Aberdeen to the USA – its grey colours blend in nicely into the street its located on in the Granite City but the landscapes and various posters inside are coming right from across the ocean – it’s like having America right next to you!
Our hot dogs are really big compared to what customers can get in other places (as that’s what you would get in the USA) with very reasonable prices. They are full of flavour from various toppings – you can get anything from cooked onions to sauerkraut. Everything is freshly prepared each morning inside the shop by our hard working team members. Our hot dogs are also much healthier compared to any other fast food because both sausages and the buns are steamed, so there is no oil used at all. Our fries are oven cooked as well with no oil, so our customers get the best quality food every time they come in.
This is a start-up business which opened its door in August. Since then the number of customers has been steadily increasing. Buying this business now provides a wide range of advantages:
1. It is located in Aberdeen City Centre with huge footfall rates;
2. Unique shop design – everything has been fully refurbished inside and outside;
3. All the equipment has been purchased new and capacity tested;
4. Marketing campaign has been set up (including Facebook and Instagram) and started and it is attracting a lot of attention;
5. This business has the potential to expand and become a franchise quite quickly as it is a unique idea and the product is easy to advertise;
6. The staff members are fully trained and know how everything works in the shop;
7. The lease agreement is signed for 5 years with the potential to extent for further 5 years, so there is a possibility to exit quite soon if required. Annual rent is £25,000+VAT;
8. The business has been trading for only a few months, so there is still a lot of possibilities to change its course;
9. This business is currently delivering the food through Deliveroo and we have been currently approached by Uber Eats and Just Eat to join their platforms;
10. The business is set up as a limited company, so the sale will be much more straight forward;
11. All HR policies and employment contracts have been set up and are in use, all templates will be provided after the sale;
12. Xero and Xero Payroll has been set up and are fully up to date, so management accounts are available on request;
13. The Business Plan and Cashflow projections have been done as well and are available on request.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact the seller who will be able to provide more information about the business. Feel free to visit the shop as well, we are happy to give you a tour and show around premises at any time.
If interested please contact the seller through the form on this page.
5 year lease which started in April 2018 with the option to extent it for further 5 years. The premises were previously vacant for about a year, so there shouldn't be a problem to extend the lease even further if required.
£25,000 per annum
Premises are laid out over 2 floors - ground floor has the customer area and the preparation area. Basement has the kitchen, manager's office, stock room with all the freezers/fridges and the stock area for drinks, packaging etc.
The premises have changed its use from class A (shop) to class C (restaurant) - this was the last shop allowed to change its use and other landlords are not keen to allow the business to do this, so the premises are providing a lot of opportunities.
There is a lot of potential to establish more shops in Aberdeen or other cities like Edinburgh, Glasgow etc. This could become the first American hot dog franchise in the UK.
There are not many places that sell hot dogs in Aberdeen which makes this shop unique. The main competition are other fast food places but they mainly sell burgers or chicken.
The idea from beginning was to set up the business, trial it and then sell it on to someone who would be willing to run it. The funds are needed for establishing a new business which will potentially be sold on as well.
Monday - Thursday: 11am to 8.30pm
Friday - Saturday: 11am to 10pm
Sunday: 11am to 7pm
Full support will be provided during the handover. Both owners are based in Aberdeen and have no plans of moving, so if any problems would arise, they will do their best to help.
Full processes are written out on what suppliers are used, brands of products being purchased, how transactions and payroll are being done at the moment, so the handover should be quite smooth.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business