Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
A unique opportunity has become available within the Trophy Pet Foods network of franchisees, to purchase an existing franchise covering the Swindon and North Wiltshire area.
The present owners, a husband and wife team, have successfully operated this Trophy franchise since 2013. In 2016 the business was runner up in the BFA’s and HSBC’s Microbusiness of the year awards.
Since January 2018 one of the owners has been contracted by Trophy Pet Foods Ltd as the Franchisee Support Manager for the national network. In December of 2018 the owner was appointed the Managing Director of the Trophy national brand; forcing a very reluctant sale of their local Calne based business.
Managing the Swindon and North Wiltshire area takes approximately 3 days per week and includes some evening deliveries. This means that there is still a good amount of potential to build this business up to an even more profitable level on a 4 or 5 day week basis.
A long-term and very loyal customer base of over 300 active customers has already been established in and around the Calne area. Leaving the very significant scope for expansion in Swindon and Chippenham areas. Full support is provided by the franchisor and the brand has been established for nearly 30 years. The current and highly experienced owner of the area, (who is remaining with the brand), will also provide an extended handover/support period if required.
The re-sale includes the following:
- All legal rights to the area
- Email address and phone number transfers
- Full records for existing live, potential and lapsed customers
- Starting stock tailored to the existing customer base
- Professional handover from one of the top performing franchise members
- Product knowledge
- Ongoing mentoring from the previous owners for up to 3 months after sale
- Lifelong support from Trophy HQ
- In-House and In-Field Training
- Independent Nutritional Qualification
- PR launch via local magazine, newspaper or social media
- Equipment package including corporate clothing, promotional and marketing materials
- Updated and personalised Vehicle Livery
- Records and personal introductions to established networking contacts and influencers
Please note that no van is included in the sale, however, the rental agreement of the current van can be transferred if required. An exploratory meeting with the present owners is very highly advised.
If interested please contact the seller through the form on this page.
Serving the North Wiltshire and Swindon area; including the following postcodes: SN1, SN2, SN3, SN4 SN5, SN8, SN9, SN10 SN11, SN12, SN13 SN14, SN15, SN16, SN25 & SN26.
No premises needed. A lock-up is currently rented to securely store the stock needed for order fulfilment. Rental of this space can be continued, or a 'double-garage sized' alternative can be sourced.
Significant expansion is possible beyond the 2.5 delivery days a week currently utilised. Proven customer acquisition techniques can be leveraged to build the client base from 300 to over 500. The current core customer base is in Calne leaving larger urban areas such as Swindon and Chippenham almost unexplored.
Competition from online discounters is a consideration but highly effective personal service based strategies to counter this are available. More detail available upon request.
One of the current owners has been appointed as the Managing Director of the Trophy Pet Foods Ltd franchising business. Due to the potential conflict of interest this creates a very reluctant and highly supported sale of a much loved business.
Flexible to suit you
The franchising term is a rolling 5 year agreement.
In addition to an extended handover training period; full training is included by the Brand. This will include in house training in Northampton, and in field training at your new location. Further to this, ongoing and unlimited support is offered via a dedicated Franchise Support Manager.
Ongoing training topics include but are not limited to:
- Product knowledge
- Business operations
- Operation of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Social media
- Customer relations
The package includes:
- Comprehensive training programme
- Exclusive territory, large enough to grow and expand
- Local advertising & marketing
- Starter packs of stationary and tools
- Accounts software
- Initial starter stock pack tailored to existing clients needs
- Trophy van livery and display module
- Nutritional qualification
- Corporate identity
- All promotional literature
- Effective launch programme & PR campaign
- Comprehensive operating manuals
- Dog weighing scales & trade scales
- Full back up and ongoing Support
- Franchise support manager
- Brand building
- Proven system
- Video visual aids & social media commercials
- Trophy CRM system
The above package can be tailored to suit your individual needs, strengths or weaknesses to ensure you receive maximum value for your investment.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business