Well presented free of tie public house with beer garden, car park and letting bedrooms
Village centre Public House with car parking to front
Well presented accommodation throughout
Character lounge bar with beamed ceiling, exposed stonework and wood burner
Beer garden offering further covers as well as private owners area
4 en-suite letting bedrooms with self contained access
One bedroomed owners flat with lounge / diner and kitchen
Same family ownership for 16 years
Established trade with considerable scope to extend opening hours
Location and situation
The property is situated in the village of West Down just 0.5 miles off the A361 with the Woolacombe and Ilfracombe 5 miles to the North and Braunton 5 miles to the South.
The property and construction
The original building, which dates back to the 17th Century is of two storey construction with rendered elevations and feature window shutters to the front under a pitched slate roof with the property having been significantly extended during the current owners tenure to offer further restaurant and sun room covers plus 4 first floor e-suite letting bedrooms. The well presented property offers approximately 70 covers inside with traditional features including stone walling, wood flooring, central wood burner, beamed ceiling and window seating whilst also offering modern surrounding with a sun room restaurant area with 3 sets of patio doors leading onto the beer patio and garden. Further accommodation at ground floor level includes a commercial kitchen, customer toilets and cellar. To the side of the property is a self contained access to the 4 first floor letting bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, with the owners 1 bedroom apartment also at first floor level which offers lounge / diner, kitchen, bedroom and 3 piece bathroom. There is also a good mix of customer and private space outside with a beer garden which can comfortable accommodate a further 40 covers as well as a private garden area laid to lawn as well as having an allotment area. To the front of the property is private car parking.
Our clients are inviting offers for a fixed term 10 year lease and an ingoing premium.
Having been in the same family ownership for the past 16 years, the last full years books show a turnover of £253,000 with an approximate split of wet 20%, dry 50%, rooms 30%. The majority of the accommodation is booked through Booking.con with a minimum stay of 2 nights. There is considerable scope to extend the opening hours which are currently 5.30pm to close (Monday – Saturday) and midday to 3pm on Sundays. Owned by a husband and wife partnership two family members are employed as well as 2/3 part time staff.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment. A deposit of £35,000 to be held for the trade inventory which is to remain within the ownership of the Landlords.
Energy performance certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
The accommodation (comprises)
33`10 x 24`8 (10.30m x 7.50m) Return bar servery, 2 drinks chillers, till, assorted draught beer fonts, double coffee machine, beamed ceiling, exposed stone walling, central wood burner, wood flooring, covers for approximately 25, adjoining:-
Central wood burner, wood flooring, radiator heating, covers for 10
Covers for 14, timber wainscoting, wood flooring, radiator heating
Rationale Oven, 6 burner oven, 1 x double deep fat fryer, 1 x single deep afat fryer, 4 x microwaves, plate warmer, fridge, freezer, tiled floor, extractor
Tiled walls and floor
2 x cubicles, 2 x wash hand basins tiled walls and floor
Cubicle, 2 x urinals, wash hand basin, tiled walls and floor
Assorted lines and cooling equipment
Covers for 23, 3 x sets of patio doors leading to patio and beer garden
Self contained side entrance for accommodation customers
Landing with carpet
12`3 x 11`5 (3.75m x 3.45m) Double bed, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Double bed, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
12`5 x 11`5 (3.80m x 3.45m) Double bed, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
12`6 x 11`10 (3.80m x 3.60) Double bed, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Boiler, water tank, 1 x washing machine, 1 x tumble dryer
Lounge / diner
19`9 x 14`7 (6.00m x 4.45m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, 4 burner gas hob, electric oven, vinyl flooring
14`9 x 12`6 (4.50m x 3.80m) Carpet, radiator heating, double gazing
3 piece bathroom with corner bath (shower over), wash hand basin, low level w.c, heated towel rail, vinyl flooring, tiled walls
To the front of the property is a private car park, with the rear providing a patio and beer garden which is predominantly laid to lawn bordered by established tress and shrubs. Beyond the beer garden is a further walled garden area for the owners private use which includes an allotment patch.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property misdescriptions act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.