ChipsAway - Car Paint Repair Franchise
'On-the-spot' automotive paint repair specialists. Scope for becoming a multi-van or multi-unit operation in this vast, growing marketplace.Watch Video
- Franchise Fee:
- £29,995 + VAT
- Liquid Capital:
- Franchise Fee:
- £29,995 + VAT
- Liquid Capital:
- Request Free Information
Other Areas Available
Franchise opportunities available all over the UK and world-wide.
Engineer a prosperous, secure future with ChipsAway
Be your own boss and enjoy being part of the ever-expanding automotive industry with a turn-key ChipsAway franchise. Research shows we’re recognised by 11 times as many customers as our nearest competitor, meaning we’re always top of the list for the nation’s car repairs. So, when you launch a franchise with us, you’ll automatically become one of our hundreds of other successful business owners.
Want to launch your own ChipsAway franchise, but not sure it’s right for you? Here’s why it is:
- We supply an average of 1,000+ leads per ChipsAway franchisee each year, meaning we bring the business to you
- Many of our specialists achieve turnovers in excess of £80,000 a year, which equates to earnings of £50k+*
- National TV and online advertising campaigns keep our network front of mind for people in your area
- ChipsAway has been established for over 25 years – we’re recession proof with a proven business model and hugely experienced support team
- Studies show that franchises have a success rate of approximately 90 percent, compared to only about 15 percent for businesses that are started from the ground up.
- We give you all the support and training you need to launch your successful franchise including technical training, sales and marketing support and business mentoring
Read on to learn more about ChipsAway, and how you can create a better lifestyle for you and your family through franchising with us.
Are you ready for something more?
Whether you want job security, want to fit work around the most important people in your life, want to earn more or just want a more flexible lifestyle, you can have it all with the ChipsAway franchise.
Our franchisees tell us that launching a business with ChipsAway gives them more satisfaction and freedom than any previous job role, providing them the opportunity to perfectly balance professional and personal commitments. That’s because with ChipsAway, you’re free to choose how much work you take on, and when you do that work.
Plus, they get the satisfaction of being out on the road, meeting new people every day who they’re proud to deliver an outstanding service for. Every day is different, but every day is worthwhile.
Who Are ChipsAway?
ChipsAway was launched in the UK in 1994, and today provides SMART (Small to Medium Area Repair Technology) repair technology to car owners across the country.
With a rapidly expanding network of over 200 franchisees in the UK, we now have the largest network of repair specialists in the UK, who provide high quality, value-for-money repairs to car paintwork, on a same-day basis.
Our specialists work from vehicles fully equipped as mobile workshops, or fixed-base units known as Car Care Centres.
Getting started with ChipsAway
Established for over 25 years, our market-leading car repair franchise makes it simple and straightforward for you to start your own business.
You don’t need any car body repair experience because you’ll receive four weeks of expert, hands-on car repair training at our bespoke facility – accredited by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) – before you start work.
How much will you need to invest to get started?
Your ChipsAway franchise will cost £29,995 +VAT, but with our various pricing options you’ll only need £15,000 +VAT to get started.
How do you know whether this franchise will work for you?
Everything is set up for you to succeed from the minute you launch your franchise because although you’ll be your own boss, you definitely won’t be going it alone.
As well as offering practical and technical training in all elements of the service you’ll deliver, we provide a course in sales and marketing, unlimited support from our head office and supply you with a business mentor – an experienced franchisee – who you can call whenever you need to.
The ChipsAway business model can be adapted to suit your aspirations and lifestyle, so the opportunities for you are unlimited. If you’re a motivated individual willing to take on an exciting new challenge, you can enjoy all the benefits of being part of a franchise network and have the chance to improve your future.
The ChipsAway franchise package includes all the essential components for business success, including:
- Full sales and marketing support
- IT and accounting systems
- Technical training
- Business mentoring
- Digital marketing and PR support
All of this, as well as the fact our franchisees receive an average of over 1,000 customer leads per year as a result of the national marketing activity done centrally, means you can get up and running quickly and profitably, with the reassurance you’ll have a regular flow of eager customers.
What does success look like?
The beauty of running your own business with ChipsAway is that you define your own success. Some franchisees work from a single van, happy to go it alone and celebrate their own financial milestones. Others wish to expand their network, opening several franchises and employing multiple members of staff. Meanwhile, some engineers opt to set up a Car Care Centre which acts as a HQ for their empire.
However you choose to work with ChipsAway, we’ll help you reach your ambitions.
A ChipsAway success story
Keith McGowan has been with ChipsAway since 2001 and has the biggest ChipsAway Car Care Centre in the UK. Turning over more than £1million, he demonstrates what’s possible if you’re prepared to put in the work.
Request a free info pack today to read his full story.
Behind the scenes with a ChipsAway franchisee
Self-employment had always been an ambition of Colin Hall’s, but he had reservations about such a big step. Encouraged by friends who knew his dream was to run his own business, Colin came across ChipsAway which had the reputation, authority and ready-made package of support he needed to take the leap.
He said: “I’ve got two young children and a mortgage, and the thought of not having enough work to keep me busy or bring in enough income was daunting. But speaking to the team gave me all the reassurance I needed that I’d be provided with enough leads to build a successful network of my own. I decided to get involved and I’ve never looked back.
Within six months of becoming a ChipsAway franchisee, Colin had built up a network of customers which sees him repair more than 40 cars per month, resulting in income of over £9,000. For Colin, though, the true benefit of franchising has been the flexibility it allows to be more present at home than ever before.
He said: “My working hours vary around my family, which is a huge bonus. I’m able to pick my children up from school and enjoy a big part of their day, then organise the business admin around their schedule. The improved work-life balance has definitely been the best part about moving to self-employment with ChipsAway. I’m so much happier.
If you’d like to learn more about ChipsAway, request your free info pack below.
*Full details can be provided upon request.
- ChipsAway’s Youngest Franchisee named as Bodyshop Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Rising Stars Winner
- 08 September 2021
- ChipsAway’s Youngest Franchisee named as Bodyshop Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Rising Stars Winner Owner of ChipsAway Exeter, Brandon Akerman has been named as one of Bodyshop Magazine’s ‘30 under 30 Rising Stars of 2021’. Entrepreneur Brandon, joined the ChipsAway network in September 2020, aged ...
- ChipsAway Telford & Wolverhampton achieves carbon neutral status
- 28 July 2021
- ChipsAway Telford & Wolverhampton achieves carbon neutral status The Telford & Wolverhampton branch of nationwide SMART (small to medium area repair technology) car scratch and bodywork repair specialists ChipsAway, has become the first of the franchise’s 200-strong network to achieve Carbon ...
- ChipsAway franchisee, Andy Darby named as a winner in the first Great British Franchisee Awards
- 08 July 2021
- Owner of ChipsAway Cambridge, Huntingdon and St Neots, Andy Darby has been announced as a winner of the Great British Franchisee Awards hosted by Which Franchise. The Great British Franchisee Awards focuses on the people who have made UK franchising a success. Recognisingoutstanding ...
- ChipsAway: The UK’s Top-Rated Car and Auto Repair Franchise
- 17 May 2021
- ChipsAway has been ranked as the top ‘Car and Auto Repair’ franchise in Franchise Direct’s Top 100, as well as ranking as number 40 overall in the UK. The Franchise Direct Top 100 celebrates the best franchises that Britain has to offer. The top 100 franchises are ranked by several different ...
- Automotive - The Way Forward for Ambitious Women Like Carolyn
- 08 March 2021
- Each year, International Women’s Day is celebrated to champion the things we do as people and as businesses to create a fairer, more equal world for women to live and work in. At ChipsAway, we have welcomed women and men from all walks of life, who each have one thing in common - they want ...
- ChipsAway Marks Milestone Month with Random Act of Kindness
- 26 October 2020
- The UK’s most trusted car repair franchise, ChipsAway, has this month reached 20,000 Trustpilot reviews - and has marked the occasion through a random act of kindness. The milestone comes just seven months after ChipsAway hit the 10,000 review mark, highlighting the continued success of the ...
- ChipsAway celebrates record quarter and pandemic bounce back
- 15 September 2020
- SMART car bodywork repair network ChipsAway has reported its strongest quarter ever, with leads up almost 14 per cent compared to the same time last year. Between June and August, the company distributed over 81,000 leads to its network of 200 franchisees, equating to more than 400 leads per ...
- ChipsAway franchisees celebrate record month
- 18 August 2020
- A comprehensive new marketing strategy following the easing of lockdown restrictions has created a surge in demand for ChipsAway’s services, with the company celebrating a record month for consumer leads generated for the UK-wide network of franchisees. In the month of July, ChipsAway, the ...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Renewal of 25-Year Franchisee
- 08 July 2020
- A SMART car body work repair franchisee is celebrating after renewing his franchise following 25 years in the business. Steve Giles was one of ChipsAway’s first franchise partners in the UK, setting up just one year after the brand was established in 1994. Following a quarter of a century in ...
- Car Care Champions Predict Positive Upturn After Pandemic Milestone
- 09 June 2020
- A father and stepson duo of car repair technicians are celebrating after completing work on their 7,000th vehicle. Robert Ashmore and Jonathan Foster, who run the ChipsAway Car Care Centre in Lincoln, have achieved the milestone just three weeks after emerging from a complete halt on ...
- Random Act of Kindness for ChipsAway’s 10,000th Trustpilot Reviewee!
- 17 March 2020
- To celebrate reaching 10,000 reviews on Trustpilot last week, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car paintwork repair specialist, has refunded the customer who left the 10,000th review, in a ‘random act of kindness’. It just so happens that the lucky recipient, a customer of Morpeth-based ...
- Young Female Apprentice Jump Starts Career in Automotive Industry
- 04 February 2020
- An alternative to a university degree: apprenticeships offer a great balance of both on-the-job learning experience, together with the more formal assessment side, to work towards a desired qualification. Seventeen-year-old, Jessica Peck from ChipsAway Loughborough, completed a Business ...
- Revealed: The UK’s most unlucky car colour 2019
- 03 February 2020
- According to the latest data from automotive paintwork repairer, ChipsAway, black cars suffered the most minor damage in 2019, accounting for 20.6% of all repairs completed by their specialists nationwide. This was closely followed by grey and blue. You might be thinking that there are ...
- ChipsAway’s Bangers4Ben 2019 entry raises over £1k for Charity
- 16 December 2019
- 1,500 miles, numerous bags of fish and chips crisps, and possibly a few glasses of ‘Vin rouge’ later, the ChipsAway Bangers4Ben rally team returned home safely from the intrepid travels across France. Now the car has been sold at auction, with all proceeds going towards BEN, ChipsAway is ...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 25 Year Anniversary at Annual Conference and Awards Dinner
- 06 December 2019
- 240 delegates gathered at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort, for ChipsAway’s Annual Conference and 25th Anniversary Awards Dinner over the weekend. Celebrating 25 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. Managing Director of ChipsAway, Tim Harris kicked off the event - ...
- Et Voila! ChipsAway unveil their striking livery for the Bangers4Ben Rally to France!
- 01 October 2019
- With just five days to go until the ChipsAway team embark on their epic adventure across France for the Bangers4Ben rally, they are delighted to be able to unveil the ‘banger’, which they paid just £510 for - £240 under the required maximum budget of £750, as well as it’s striking new livery ...
- ChipsAway Continues Outstanding Training Success With IMI Centre Accreditation
- 02 August 2019
- The state of the art ChipsAway Training Centre has been successfully assessed against the IMI Accreditation for approved centre and training standards, yet again! ChipsAway has received accreditation from the leading organisation for automotive learning and development, IMI, for its ...
- ChipsAway - rallying to raise money!
- 16 July 2019
- ChipsAway is delighted to announce their entry into the Bangers4Ben charity rally taking place in October to raise funds for automotive charity Ben. ChipsAway specialists Terrance Thant and Steve Perkins (pictured below left to right), who met and hit it off straight away whilst completing ...
- ChipsAway lead the ADAS way
- 28 May 2019
- ChipsAway are delighted to be able to announce the implementation of a substantial process update to ensure the safety of customers whose cars have any form of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). This follows the recent release from Thatcham, whose research is at the forefront of ...
- ChipsAway reveal fresh new creative following a major branding overhaul
- 09 April 2019
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor damage paintwork repair specialist, has this week revealed strong new branding, which is being rolled out across all marketing activity, including a brand new national TV campaign and website. Commenting on the latest developments, Head of Marketing, Ella ...
- ChipsAway and Womanic empower women to have more confidence when dealing with all things automotive!
- 08 March 2019
- Live online Q&A 12pm-2pm, 8th March 2019 According to the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI), the automotive industry is currently running at a ratio of 10:2 males to females, which is a staggering gender imbalance. This could also be the reason why many women lack confidence when dealing ...
- ChipsAway ensure safety of specialists and customers with Electric Vehicle training as standard
- 22 January 2019
- With the substantial rise in new electric vehicle (EV) sales, which only looks set to continue and increase further in coming years, ChipsAway – the UK’s leading minor automotive repair specialist, has taken the bold decision to ensure only specialists who are fully trained, will be able to ...
- ChipsAway wins coveted Franchise Marketing Award for 2018
- 16 October 2018
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist for over 20 years, are thrilled to have won an award at this year’s Franchise Marketing Awards, taking home the trophy for the ‘Best Print Advert’ and celebrating ChipsAway’s continued commitment to supporting the growth of the ...
- Going the extra 1500 miles in support of Bangers4Ben
- 08 October 2018
- Would you be prepared to travel 1500 miles across Europe in a banger worth no more than £750? That is exactly what the InAutomotive team are doing over the course of the next few days as part of the Bangers4Ben initiative – and ChipsAway International is proud to be supporting their efforts ...
- Future-proofing the business and Hollywood Glamour ignites at this year’s ChipsAway Conference and Awards Ceremony
- 27 September 2018
- New industry developments and opportunity, electric and hybrid vehicles and Hollywood glamour were just a few of the themes at this year’s ChipsAway annual conference and awards ceremony held at the 5* Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales. Taking place this past weekend, a contingent of around ...
- ChipsAway employee Callum Green Wins Silver at National Finals!
- 28 March 2018
- Many talented individuals, including Callum Green from ChipsAway North Tyneside, recently competed against each other at the Skill Auto national finals held at the NEC, in categories such as Automotive Technology, Refinishing, Body Repair and Heavy Vehicle Engineering! Callum performed ...
- ChipsAway Encourage Women's Confidence at Car Bodyshops
- 08 March 2018
- With recent research reporting that almost a third of females feel they have been ripped off for servicing and repair work done to their car, purely because they are female, nationwide car paintwork repair company ChipsAway, want to encourage an important change within the industry, and help ...
- ChipsAway celebrates at annual conference and awards dinner
- 13 October 2017
- Over 200 delegates congregated at 5* resort – The Celtic Manor, for ChipsAway’s annual conference and awards dinner over the weekend, celebrating 23 years as the UK’s leading minor car body paintwork repair brand. ChipsAway CEO, Tim Harris, kicked off the event - addressing the crowd and ...
- ChipsAway Launches New Website
- 30 May 2017
- After lots of hard work and anticipation, ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialists, are thrilled to announce the launch of their brand-new responsive and fully optimised website. The new website features a slick new bespoke design to bring the brand into 2017 with a ...
- ChipsAway Celebrates Its Ninth Year of TV Advertising
- 28 April 2017
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, are celebrating the launch of their consumer TV campaign for 2017 this month, marking the 9th anniversary of TV advertising for the SMART repairs brand. ChipsAway’s national TV campaign has grown more and more successful each year ...
- ChipsAway Achieve a Coveted 5* Rating on TrustPilot
- 14 March 2017
- ChipsAway, the originators of minor car paint repair technology, have recently achieved a prestigious 5* rating from online consumer review company TrustPilot, with an average review score of 9.0 from over 650 reviews! “Exceptional customer service and high quality standards are at the heart ...
- Getting Paid for Your Passion
- 27 February 2017
- ChipsAway Car Repairers Show Off Their Favourite Jobs ChipsAway is the UK's leading network of minor car body repair specialists. Many of their franchisees join the network because they are already so passionate about cars, and see the franchise as a great opportunity to turn their career ...
- Choose ChipsAway To Avoid Higher Insurance Premiums
- 13 December 2016
- Insurance companies have once again come in for criticism from consumer groups, after it was revealed they penalise motorists for accidents or minor damage – even when it’s not their fault. Campaign group Which conducted a survey which found the majority of participants did not understand ...
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director
- 25 July 2016
- Franchise Brands Appoints Andrew Mallows as Finance Director Franchise Brands Ltd, the international multi-brand franchisor for ChipsAway, Ovenclean and MyHome, announces the appointment of Andrew Mallows as Finance Director. Andrew previously held a number of key roles at Domino’s Pizza ...
- Record consumer leads for ChipsAway – May 2016
- 14 June 2016
- ChipsAway, the UK’s leading minor car body repair specialist, saw record levels of demand for their service in May, with circa 25,000 consumer leads going out to the network! That’s a staggering increase of 13% compared to May last year, and a 5.5% increase vs the previous record month – ...
- ChipsAway achieving excellent recruitment figures as more people follow their passion into their work
- 02 June 2016
- ChipsAway, leading automotive repair franchise, is pleased to announce that they are seeing excellent recruitment figures for 2016, as more people are looking to follow their passion for cars into their work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) recently discovered ...
- From Strength To Strength For Franchise Brands
- 13 January 2016
- In line with their strategy of organic growth, parent company of leading high street names Ovenclean and ChipsAway, Franchise Brands, is celebrating record results from a fantastic 2015! Franchise Brands credit the amazing success down to a mixture of optimising existing marketing campaigns ...
- Record breaking summer for leading franchise brands
- 10 September 2015
- While it may not have been the best of summers weather-wise, the record breaking results achieved earlier this year for leading franchises ChipsAway and Ovenclean have once again been smashed this summer! This is great news for both networks of around 400 franchisees in total, who are ...
- ChipsAway Celebrates 21st Birthday
- 28 April 2015
- ChipsAway International is delighted to be celebrating its 21st anniversary since being introduced to the UK back in 1994! Having grown and developed substantially since its initial launch, ChipsAway has always remained brand leader, standing head and shoulders above the competition and ...
- Franchise Brands announces the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director
- 23 October 2014
- Franchise Brands Worldwide Limited (“Franchise Brands”), the holding company for a number of flagship franchise businesses including ChipsAway International and Ovenclean, is pleased to announce the appointment of Julia Choudhury as Corporate Development Director with immediate effect ...
- Smashing Summer for ChipsAway!
- 02 September 2014
- What a Summer it’s been for the UK’s leading automotive paintwork repair brand ChipsAway, who have smashed all previous records with the Franchisor generating an unprecedented level of demand in terms of repair leads for their UK wide network of franchise partners as a result of a major ...
- National push as ChipsAway resumes TV advertising!
- 23 April 2014
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for a scorching 2014 with another high-profile TV advertising campaign, this year starting in April and running until September. 2013 was yet another record year for the company, with £30m+ worth of repair opportunities ...
- ChipsAway’s longest ever running TV campaign already drives record demand!
- 05 July 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, has already reported record YTD figures for 2013, with its longest ever running high-profile TV advertising campaign in full swing. Last month alone, overall demand for the ChipsAway service surpassed all expectations with over £3 ...
- ChipsAway Are Back On TV For Their Longest Run Ever!
- 12 March 2013
- Leading automotive paintwork repair franchise, ChipsAway, is gearing up for what is going to be a scorching 2013, with its longest ever high-profile TV advertising campaign, starting in March and running until September.2012 was yet another record year for the company, with £85,000 worth of ...
- Good news for ChipsAway as YouGov research reveals market potential
- 08 October 2012
- Once again a YouGov poll has confirmed that the brand best known to the British motorist for automotive paintwork repairs is ChipsAway, with almost half of those surveyed citing the company’s name. In further good news for ChipsAway’s nationwide network of franchisees, the research confirmed ...
- ChipsAway awarded IMI accreditation
- 10 July 2012
- ChipsAway, the most successful automotive franchise in the UK, has become the latest minor automotive repair specialist to gain IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) accreditation for its initial courses.The accreditation means that ChipsAway’s comprehensive training program will now not ...
- ChipsAway continues its global expansion
- 07 June 2012
- Leading British car body repair brand ChipsAway, continues its global expansion, with the opening of its first middle-eastern franchise in Saudi Arabia.ChipsAway, one of the world’s largest car repair networks, has announced its expansion into the Middle East with the opening of a master ...
- ChipsAway Expands into Brazil Market
- 18 July 2011
- Leading automotive paintwork repairs specialist ChipsAway has announced the launch of a new master franchise in Sao Paulo, Brazil, expanding its global network. According to a Business Monitor International (BMI) report in February this year, a 10.6% year on year rise in Brazil’s new vehicle ...
- ChipsAway Charity ‘Date’ with Celebrity
- 13 May 2011
- Lunch with the lovely Vicki Butler-Henderson, glamorous presenter of car enthusiasts’ programme Fifth Gear, is merely the stuff of fantasy for her many admirers, but for ChipsAway franchise owner Steve Hancock, a ‘date’ with Vicki became a dream come true after he raised more than £1,000 for ...
- Presenter Hails Automotive Franchise
- 16 December 2010
- A presenter of Channel five’s Gadget Show chose ChipsAway to repair her car after she scraped the bumper. Pollyanna Woodward, one of the newest presenters of the Gadget Show, which features all the latest gizmos in the world of technology, was so pleased with her ChipsAway car repair ...
- Tunde Odeyemi
- After completing an engineering degree at University and starting a career in the Oil and Gas industry, he decided after a few years that he wasn’t maximising his full potential. After spotting a ChipsAway van and seeing the sophisticated interior workshop, he knew it was for him. “I decided ...
- Case Study - Joe Croxford
- 21 March 2022
- oe tells us about how he discovered ChipsAway and how he's really enjoying being self-employed with the back up, support and experience of the ChipsAway team.
- Case Study - Keith McGowan
- Hear from a current franchisee about the exciting ChipsAway franchise opportunity!
- ChipsAway Franchisee Case Studies
- Interested in joining the ChipsAway franchise? Find out what current franchisees have to say about the business by watching this short video!