The company is a well-established, successful family business based in West Surrey. It has a loyal network of repeat customers drawn from wineries, wine brand distributors, and independent wine retailers. As well as producing customer printing POS and promotional merchandise for the wine and spirits and corporate gift markets, they also supply a wide range of wine service tools and accessories. The business has an enviable reputation as a friendly, relational company, with a strong brand, backed by a proven reputation for congenial customer service. The company is well placed to exploit the goodwill that it has built up over the last 30 years of trading and is in an excellent position to substantially scale the business. The owners work within the business with two full time and one part time staff.
New owners would have little difficulty in growing the business through increased marketing and sales activity and by capitalising on added servicing to the existing, captive customer base. There are also easily identifiable opportunities for profitable new customer acquisitions in the home market. Some limited, unsolicited, export sales, bear witness to the fact that the brand is not unknown overseas, particularly in countries with mature vinicultural industries, an encouraging indicator for the intrinsic prospect for export sales.
• Substantial goodwill through nearly thirty years of trading
• A strong client base of returning and satisfied customers
• Strategically located offices and warehouse in West Surrey
• A uniform distribution of income across the customer base
• Continued investment in product development with own trademarks and patents
• Long standing relationships with family-owned partner factories in Europe and Scandinavia
• Websites have been continuously updated and are key points of reference
• A professional team of experienced staff who are dependable and self-motivated.
• A scalable business ready for incremental growth to the next level
The current owners have built up a flourishing business and are now looking to retire. They have successfully navigated the constraints of the Covid pandemic lock-down (y/e 2021) and are now back on track as the last two quarters figures verify (see above). As such, the business is in excellent shape and decisively placed for further growth. Both directors are relaxed about remaining with the company for a period of consultancy/hand-over (subject to terms), to facilitate the transfer of goodwill.