Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Location: South Somerset
Leasehold price: £400,000
Annual Turnover: £600,000
Annual Gross Profit: £200,000
Founded nearly 60 years ago, this highly respected & owner-managed business supplies an extensive range of electrical work to both domestic & commercial customers. Accredited with the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors (NICEIC) and the Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB), the business enjoys multiple income streams which provide a basis for further expansion including:
• electrical installations - commercial, domestic and new build premises
• electrical maintenance & servicing
• electrical inspecting and testing
• PAT testing
• fire alarms and emergency lighting- installation and servicing
• intruder alarms – installation and servicing
• maintenance contracts – approximately 200 maintained alarm systems
• electrical heating and design
• 24/7 hour call-out
The business has enjoyed consistent annual turnover of approximately £600,000 over the last 5 years. In addition, the business benefits from an extensive customer base, including large corporate clients, a favourable customer return rate and a large customer database. Its customer satisfaction surveys demonstrate a 5 star rating from 97% of its clientele.
In addition to its multiple income streams and robust customer base, the business’ favourable geographic positioning provides scope for further expansion in the South & South West of England.
Besides the two owners, the business employs one administrative staff member, 6 qualified electricians and one apprentice.
The business’ base comprises an office, store, kitchen & WC and is available on a leasehold basis for an annual rent of approximately £12,000.
If the owners’ pricing aspirations are met, they will consider retirement but would be happy to provide a handover for the incoming buyer.
Potential buyers include:
• existing electrical contractors wishing to expand in or enter this geographical area
• existing electrical contractors wanting to diversify their income streams
• plumbing and heating contractors or mechanical engineers wishing to acquire electrical contracting “knowhow”
• businesses pursuing a buy-and-build strategy in electrical or related sectors
• owner managers / investors interested in acquiring a scale-able business with a strong & consistent financial track record
Further information is available to interested parties under a confidentiality agreement.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business