Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
• Busy North Somerset Convenience Store & PO
• Sought after location
• Extremely well-presented sales area
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation – all year round trade
• Turnkey Business
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this busy convenience store and post office. The business was established in the 1970’s and purchased by our client in 2006 during which time they have made considerable investment and improvements to the business including in July 2015 adding a Post Office. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its fantastic selection, welcoming atmosphere and friendly service which is reflected in the turnover and profits which have increased each year.
Operating from well-maintained premises, this well stocked shop stocks an excellent range of convenience goods as well as having an off licence. Other lines stocked include Newspapers and Magazines, Greetings Cards, Stationery and Bottled Gas. Further income is generated in commissions from the Post Office, National Lottery, Paypoint and Collect Plus.
Manor Stores & Post Office is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff. The business is run at a pace to suit the owner, trading sensible hours. We are advised that it generates a turnover in the region of 455,000 per year with high gross profit margins. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover possibly by extending the opening hours or by increasing the area covered by home news delivery service.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended.
Post Office Income
• 3 newsrounds delivering to approximately 105 customers
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable: nil
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• The business stock value is: £20,000
The appointment of a subpostmaster is at the discretion of Post Office Ltd. For current Post Office procedures please visit
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on
There are 7 years remaining on a 10 year lease which has rent reviews every 3 years. The current rent payable is £8,500 per year.
£8,500 per annum
Locking Village offers a good selection of local facilities including a range of shops, a village green, primary school, public house and a church. Weston Super Mare town centre is approximately 4 miles away where an extensive range of business and shopping amenities can be found, the sea front and beach are easily accessible whilst for the commuter access to Bristol and other areas of the country can be obtained via the M5 from junction no 21 at nearby St. Georges.
Extremely well presented lock up premises, benefiting from being in a small privately owned neighbourhood shopping parade which contains a good mix of complementary businesses. There is ample customer parking in the free car park as well as private parking to the rear.
The retail premises have been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout.
The premises briefly comprise:
• 800 sq ft retail area which has level access. Retail counter area with two EPOS tills adjacent to the Open Plan Post Office Local Counter. Range of well maintained fixtures and fittings that include: Refrigerated display cabinets, freezers, metal edge shelving, greetings card display stands, magazine display etc.
• Store room
7.00am – 6.30pm Monday – Saturday
8.00am – 1.00pm Sunday
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business