Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market on a Freehold basis this well-established boarding kennels business that can only be described as a true “turn key” operation, along with stunning owner’s accommodation that comprises of a detached 5 bedroom villa, with breath-taking countryside views
The business is only now being offered to the market as it’s our client’s desire to take a well-deserved retirement.
Yonderton Canine Care & Kennels is a long established and very well-respected boarding kennels with an excellent reputation offering an exceptional level of high standard canine care, including:
• Full boarding facilities
• Day care services
• Owner dog washing facilities
• Lead walking along with supervised enclosed free running play sessions
• All delivered in a fantastically presented, purpose-built facility
The boarding kennels side to the business includes:
• Accommodation for a large number of boarding dogs a with 11 single and 5 double kennels that are individually heated and constructed from reinforced high-density polyethylene ensuring safety
• security (with CCTV installed)
• Preparation room and isolation unit.
The business also benefits from a separate day care centre & washing / grooming area that was formerly used as a hydro therapy treatment area.
The current owners also run a wholesale dog food business from the premises where clients can order dog food direct in bulk and have this delivered to their home.
We feel there is scope to increase turnover of the business by:
• Undertaking of a robust localised marketing campaign
• Updating & promotion of the website to include online booking facilities
• Perhaps an online retail outlet for dog supplies/toys & gifts
• Re-introducing the hydro therapy service for client’s dogs
• Possible introduction of a cattery boarding service.
Subject to consents there is also the option to extend the main kennels side of the business with a possible extension to the current business premises.
This is an outstanding, well run “turn key life style” business which offers a new owner the opportunity to take this already thriving business to the next level.
Very rarely do businesses of this calibre with outstanding owners accommodation come to the open market therefore, early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment
Yonderton Canine Care & Kennels is situated in the north-east of Scotland, in a stunning hilltop location, overlooking the picturesque town of Keith (AB55).
Keith itself is well serviced in terms of local amenities benefiting from shops, banking and leisure facilities, which include, a sports and community centre and swimming pool. Keith Golf Club has an 18-hole parkland golf course.
The town further benefits from having both primary & secondary schooling facilities with Keith primary school and secondary education to be found at Keith Grammar School.
Inverness and Aberdeen Airports are both easily reached via road using the A96, with Inverness and Aberdeen able to provide all the facilities expected of a major city.
Keith also benefits from a railway station on the Aberdeen to Inverness line along with an excellent bus service.
The business is located in a large purpose built, detached agricultural building that has benefited from a substantial amount of refurbishment and briefly comprises:
• Main kennel area with recent new flooring
• 11 single kennels and 5 double kennels that are individually heated and constructed from reinforced high-density polyethylene ensuring safety
• Security (with CCTV installed)
• Separate food preparation area with kitchen area
• Plumbed washing machine & tumble dryer
• Ample work surface area
• Staff toilet area.
To the rear of the premises can be found two large indoor sheds, one that is currently used as a dry store for the dog food business & the other for general storage, there is also a general maintenance workshop area along with a completely separate isolation kennel area.
The owners accommodation comprises of a 5-bedroom luxury detached villa in an enviable / stunning location and features the following:
• Ground Floor Accommodation
• Open plan lounge & dining area with feature fire place with wood burning stove
• Feature bay windows presenting outstanding countryside views
• Modern well-presented dining kitchen with built in appliances
• Range style cooker
• Utility room area
• Former treatment room
• Double bedroom with built in storage
• Further double bedroom with full En-suite facilities
• Family bathroom.
Upper floor Accommodation
• Master bedroom with luxury En-suite facilities and walk in dressing room
• Further 2 double bedrooms of exceptional size
• Double glazing
• Central heating
• Complimented by being decorated throughout to a high standard.
• Generous garden grounds surround all sides of the property
• Gated area with parking for several cars
• Separate client parking located to the front of the property.
We are advised that tenure is offered on a Freehold basis
All year round - Monday to Sunday 8.30 am – 6.00 pm and also by appointment
The business is run & managed by the current owners
The Business has reported a gross annual turnover in the region of £76,172.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business