Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
spratt and son are delighted to offer this excellent opportunity to purchase the freehold interest of this attractive and versatile building considered suitable for a variety of different uses, subject to obtaining any necessary consent. The grade ii listed property, which was built in the mid 1800's, comprises a former church with accommodation extending to a gross internal area of approximately 1,780 sq ft. Externally, the property benefits from mature grounds to three sides.
the property occupies a convenient and central location in mount street, just off westgate and only a few hundred yards from the pedestrianised city centre with its extensive range of shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. Chichester's festival theatre lies just a short distance to the north and other nearby facilities include westgate sports centre, chichester tennis club, cannons health club and a multiplex cinema. Chichester's mainline railway station provides regular services to London victoria in around 1hr 45 minutes, whilst the nearby a27 provides excellent transport links to the surrounding areas of worthing, brighton and portsmouth. Southampton airport is approximately 35 miles to the west.
the accommodation with approximate sizes briefly comprises:
maximum overall depth 70'10
maximum overall width 28'1
approximate area 1555 sq ft
mezzanine choir stalls unmeasured
maximum overall depth 16'
maximum overall width 12'
approximate area 192 sq ft
maximum overall depth 8'7
maximum overall width 3'10
approximate area 32 sq ft
gross internal area 1,779 sq ft
there are currently no wc facilities within the building.
the property has grounds to three sides, including a graveyard.
we understand that the property benefits from mains electricity and water, however there are no wc facilities or connections to main drains. We would recommend that interested parties make their own enquiries.
the building is grade ii listed.
We understand that the property currently has existing d1 use under the town and country planning (use classes) order.
We would recommend that interested parties make their own enquiries regarding planning permission prior to entering into an agreement.
chichester district council.
Fixtures & fittings:
the vendors reserve the right to remove any of the stained glass windows, pews, the pulpit, font and other furnishings prior to completion (subject to listed building consent).
The vendors also reserve the right to remove any memorials prior to completion.
offers are invited for the freehold interest with full vacant possession at a guide price of £500,000.
Prospective purchasers must submit offers in writing to the offices of spratt and son, subject to the following stipulations:
1. Offers must be accompanied by sketch plans and written details of the proposed use of the property
2. The vendors do not bind themselves to accept the highest or any offer
3. The offer must state clearly the price which the applicant is prepared to offer and provide details of any conditions that the offer may be subject to
conditional acceptance of an offer will be subject to:
1. Completion by the church commissioners of pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property
2. Approval by the church commissioners of detailed plans and specifications of any proposed architectural or structural alterations following consultation with their expert advisors
legal and general note:
1. All offers received will be referred to the diocesan mission and pastoral committee (dmpc). Whilst the dmpc does not have a power of disposal, it will make a recommendation to the church commissioners who have power under the mission and pastoral measure prepare and issue a draft pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property.
2. In the event of that scheme becoming effective the commissioners will be empowered to sell the property for the authorised use when the remaining statutory requirements are completed. The scheme will also free the property from the legal effects of consecration.
3. Until the scheme has been completed the commissioners will not be in a position to proceed to contract.
please note that covenants will be included when disposing of the property. These a designed to ensure the property is used for authorised purposes only and to prevent unauthorised alterations or demolition. Copies of the standard covenants are available upon request.
we are advised that the sale is not subject to vat.
the property is exempt from the requirement of an energy performance certificate as both a listed building and a place of worship.
strictly by prior appointment through agents, spratt & son
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business