Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
* Prominent trading location opposite town parks and tennis courts
* On site parking & side gardens
* Frontage on two sides, St Brannocks Road being the main arterial road into the Town
* Good passing trade location
* 7 bedroomed property equally suited as large family home or holiday letting
* Same ownership for past 19 years
* Ideal husband and wife / family business
Ilfracombe has long been established as a thriving seaside resort, thanks to its sandy beach, wide range of accommodation and amenities. In recent years it has attracted a more diverse crowd too, including those who come to visit its Michelin-starred restaurant and see artist Damien Hirst’s installation ‘Verity’ that dominates the otherwise traditional harbour. Ilfracombe’s resident population of over 11,000 makes it one of North Devon’s larger towns, and there are solid plans for ongoing development including an additional 1,500k houses and possible marina. Good road and bus services connect Ilfracombe to Barnstaple (12 miles), Woolacombe (6 miles), Combe Martin (5 miles), Croyde (9 miles), Braunton (7 miles), Bideford (22 miles) and South Molton (24 miles).
The subject premises occupy an interesting position as the property has frontage onto St. Brannocks Road as well as road frontage onto Bicclescombe Park (which is a favoured part of the town). The property is considered ideal for a family as it is close to the park’s amenities and Schools, but is conveniently away from the main retail core of this busy tourist destination.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is a large Victorian or turn of the century semi detached property arranged on four principal floors with its own private parking and gardens to one side. The premises are constructed of local Marland brick with red brick quoins and segmental arched windows. There is also rendered banding to the lower ground floor elevations with front and rear entrances, from both Bicclescombe Park and St Brannocks road. At present the property is configured as 7 letting bedrooms (5 en-suite) with 2 additional bedrooms with a private toilet facilities. It is thought these two bedrooms could be incorporated into other bedrooms to create larger family suites. Additional public rooms include breakfast room, kitchen and lounge. There is measured parking for six vehicles within a tarmacadamed parking apron to the front elevation with a private patio / garden area to the side.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been in the same husband and wife ownership for the past 19 years, the property is for sale due to the pending retirement of our clients. During this time our clients have operated on a bed and breakfast basis only. Previously they have operated Easter - September producing turnovers of between £40,000 - £50,000. In more recent years our clients have traded a far shorter season, through personal choice, and undertaken little / no advertising. It is thought new owners could greatly increase the trade quite easily by offering a longer season and promoting the business via online bookings from sites such as Booking.com, Trivago etc.
Current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property has previously held a Premises Licence which new owners may wish to reinstate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
LOWER GROUND FLOOR - entrance from car park
Entrance hallway with carpet and storage cupboards
Low level w.c. and wash hand basin
16’0 x 12’0 (4.85m x 3.70m) Dual aspect, covers for circa 14, Creda night storage heating
18’5 x 8’6 (5.60m x 2.60m) Eye and base units, breakfast bar, work surfaces, gas 6 burner cooker, 4 hob oven, extractor hood
Off kitchen, with double drainer stainless steel sink unit, washing machine, tumble dryer
Store housing the hot water cylinder and boiler
Small Snug Bar with fitted bar counter
19’6 x 13’6 (5.90m x 4.10m) to bay window, used for the private use of the owners, double room, fitted wardrobe, gas fire, double and secondary glazing, En-Suite three piece shower room
17’6 x 17’2 (5.20m x 5.30m) to bay window, dual aspect, gas fire insert, feature ceiling rose, carpet, CCTV monitor
Landing with carpet, night storage heating
13’0 x 10’0 (3.90m x 3m) with hand basin, single
19’2 x 14’3 (5.85m x 4.35m) Double and single beds, bay window, double and secondary glazing, gas fire, hand basin, En-Suite shower room and toilet
14’9 x 8’6 (4.50m x 2.60m) Double room, carpet, gas fire, wash hand basin, En-Suite shower room and DRESSING ROOM 8’3 x 6’8 (2.51m x 2.03m), previously used as children's room
Landing with carpet and night storage heating
Separate Shower Room with toilet and hand basin.
12’10 x 9’6 (3.90m x 2.90m) Twin, hand basin, carpet
16’2 x 14’3 (4.90m x 4.35m) Family suite, carpet, hand basin, double and secondary glazing, gas fire, En-Suite shower and toilet
14’9 x 14’0 (4.50m x 4.30m) Double, carpet, gas fire, double glazing, En-Suite three piece shower room
Landing with carpet, light well
Toilet with storage area
The grounds and patio / gardens are principally arranged for ease of maintenance with floral borders. Tarmacadamed car park which has measured parking for six cars.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business