Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Freehold Gorgeous Gift and Card Shop (with large 2 Bed flat + stockroom accommodation over and pretty courtyard) PLUS eCommerce Website, Facebook & Twitter accounts.
*** £385,000 + SAV : Please note this sale is chain free. Reasonable offers will be considered.***
*** More pictures / information available ... just ask by clicking the "Contact Seller/Send Message" button ***
Business Established: 23 years i.e. since1993 (under current ownership since February 2010).
Guide Price: Freehold £385,000 plus stock at valuation (estimated at approx £25k-£30k depending on time of year).
Average Net Profit (over last 5 years): c£55k-£65k Net Profit per annum, supported by five years of management accounts and VAT returns.
Turnover: Available upon inspection of the business. A full set of management accounts plus VAT returns (over last five years) will be provided to prospective purchasers upon viewing / inspection of the business.
Rent: No rent to pay or lease to negotiate, this is a freehold business sale (chain free).
Business Rates: Rateable Value (RV) = £6,200.
Rates payable for 2016/2017 are c£100 per annum but for the last 5 years business rates paid have been zero due to South Hams District Council business rate relief programme / Government Legislation. Small Business Rate relief is also available.
***From April 2017, all businesses with a RV of <£12,000 will not have to pay any business rates at all***
Reason for selling: This gift shop is a beautiful and lovely business in a gorgeous one of a kind 17th Century, well maintained quirky old building. If I could pick it up and take it to Wales (to be closer to family) I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I can’t do that, so I have another business in Wales that I am in the process of setting up as I would like to be living a lot closer to family and friends.
Business Handover: Full familiarisation with shop procedures, ePOS/till software and stock control systems etc., (please note we have a fully documented and easy to follow procedures manual). Introduction to all the suppliers. Several months access line for advice post sale.
Expansion Potential: Organic growth bricks-and-mortar; organic or enhanced growth online; extra shops can be opened in other cities etc.,
Business Opportunity & Overview
· Busy freehold gift and card shop with pretty courtyard and large 2 bed flat plus stockroom (new boiler fitted May 2015 with 7year warranty)
· Approx 590 sq ft of retail space
· Excellent consistent high net profits (c£55k - £65k pa plus)
· Established 1993 i.e.approx 23 years
· Open Mon - Sat (closed Sundays and Bank Holidays), 10am to 5pm (easy hours)
· Full ePOS and stock control system (very easy to use)
· Good e-commerce website (very user friendly)
· Prime town centre High Street trading position, close to on street parking and car parks
· Average stock = £25k-£30k (depending on time of year)
· The gift shop is on Facebook and Twitter with a healthy number of likes
· Genuine reason for sale - to move closer to family in Wales
Large 2 bed flat + stockroom + pretty courtyard.
This gift shop is on the main high street in Kingsbridge, Devon.
Free car parking on street and near the main town car parks.
Freehold shop plus 2 bed flat + stock room and pretty courtyard.
Organic growth bricks-and-mortar;
Organic or enhanced growth online;
Extra shops can be opened in other towns etc.,
This gift shop is a beautiful and lovely business in a gorgeous one of a kind 17th Century, well maintained quirky old building. If I could pick it up and take it to Wales (to be closer to family) I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I can’t do that, so I have another business in Wales that I am in the process of setting up as I would like to be living a lot closer to family and friends.
Mon - Sat; 10am to 5pm
- Full familiarisation with shop procedures, ePOS/till software and stock control systems etc., (please note we have a fully documented and easy to follow procedures manual).
- Introduction to all the suppliers.
- Several months access line for advice post sale.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business